• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits mass neuter n spey..

Bloorbabe

Young Bun
My nine rabbits are keeping me very busy... So far the daddy Mr C and his wife Maisie were neutered and speyed and now there children are going through the same program.. There are seven kits.. four age 5 months and three at 4 months....
On friday the oldest buck was neutered and the biggest dominant doe was speyed today.. Next will be the two older sisters..
Then the last three will be done when there 5 months and when the only buck has testicles..
Its quite stressful, worrying about them... I am looking forward to the spring when all this is behind us and they can start rebonding and settling into routines..
Im very greatfull to my vets for reducing my costs.. My husband for making my pens and runs bigger and my bunnny family for the cuddles...xxxxx:love:

You are having a busy time. I am hoping to get my bunny neutered soo, but have been putting it off. How has your male been since he was done? Has his behaviour changed?

Ive had 2 Bucks done now... Both recovered very quickly...
Mr C was grumpy because hes used to total freedom and we had him in a cage for the first day.. He wasnt amused and nipped my husband.. Hes not done it since!.. The second bunny hasnt even seemed grumpy.. They havnt changed and the older bun is back with his wife.. I kept them close for 5 weeks then they went back together with no problems..
atahey have painkiller for three days and if left to rest and not over handled they get back to normal fast...xxxxx

Thanks, that's interesting. My boy isn't at all hormonal and he's over a year. I feel as a responsible rabbit owner I should get him done, but his set-up isn't really big enough for two at the moment (I'm working on it). I hope the rest of your buns get on fine with their ops.

How awesome are you for doing all that!

Lucky bunnies :D I know it must be stressful for you guys, but I'm totally impressed with what you're doing.

Back