• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My new years resolution was to not be such a push over ...

Rykat

Mama Doe
well this has worked until tonight :censored:

A friend of my OH's mum's friend (!) has rung me to ask if I can take a rabbit she rescued the weekend as it's attacking her cats and she can't cope. She went on to say what illnesses she has (trapped nerve, arthritis etc) and she can't catch the rabbit because of pain, she then started crying .... I said that it sounded like the bun was being territorial and also frightened as apparently she'd been rescued by a cat rescue where she had been living in a shed, no hay, no food except bird food.

I felt really bad as I did ask her that if she knew she was limited on mobility etc then why did she take the rabbit but she said she couldn't leave it there, I can't argue as I would have done the same.

I've agreed to pick the rabbit up tomorrow and try to rehome her as RSPCA heaving and local "rabbit rescue" is a dive. She is willing to pay for her to be spayed so this will be done asap.

Just got to work out where the *** I'm going to put her ! She won't go in the bunservatory for obvious reasons (entire, needs quarrantine etc) but our newly decorated lounge is probably going to be home to a very grumpy rabbit tomorrow night!

Will get some pics and post tomorrow/Wednesday.

Arrgghhhh :censored: :censored:

Last edited:
Bless you hun :( What a nightmare. Will the RSPCA branch not let you foster her, and rehome via them? Look foward to pics xx

I don't think i could have said no either in the circumstances and i'm sure the grumpy bun will appreciate it ;)

Back