• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rescue Bunnies Arrived- Flopsey & Hermy

Ambience

Warren Veteran
Hi,

Just thought I'd say thanks to Meg for traveling an hour to bring the buns to me today.

I'll post pictures when i get my phone working of there progress and how they are doing x

Last edited:
Hope they are settling in well. :wave:

Thanks yes, Hermy is acting like she has lived here forever, she's really bright and bubbly and enjoying her tunnels and I'm sure she has made a new friend with my cat Trudy. She is marking everything and enjoying her dig box that Meg left with dandelions and herbs. What a clean bunny also. My males like to pee all over the lino, but she appeared to be well litter box trained. I always find girls are cleaner than the boys. She is so very beautiful.

Flopsey is outside at the moment waiting for his neutering op which will be shortly and i may bring him in also and bond him with Hermy after this or put them both out in the shed together once put lino down. I love to see bunny's with a friend. Flopsey has such an adorable character. I'm sure they will bond easily. He is all tucked up with towels and treats now for the evening in a six foot hutch and will be out tomorrow in one of my runs on the lawn. He is such a lovely cuddly bun. I can see why Meg had trouble leaving him.

Will keep you all posted with pictures on there progress :)

Don't be in too much of a rush. Make sure he is eating well, a good diet, before you get him neutered and remember you will need to have him inside for a couple of days while he recovers. Afterwards remember not to bond them for at least a month unless the doe is spayed. If she needs to be spayed get that done before bonding and wait at least two weeks or until all is healed. And just becasue she is sweet with people does not mean they will bond easily. Most does are very feisty with other rabbits.

My bunn will probably be getting neutered soon and I am certainly not in a rush - quite the opposite. :oops:

Don't be in too much of a rush. Make sure he is eating well, a good diet, before you get him neutered and remember you will need to have him inside for a couple of days while he recovers. Afterwards remember not to bond them for at least a month unless the doe is spayed. If she needs to be spayed get that done before bonding and wait at least two weeks or until all is healed. And just becasue she is sweet with people does not mean they will bond easily. Most does are very feisty with other rabbits.

Thanks Louise- How long do you normally leave it? I had blackie,Ace and Chesnut done a week after they came here and they were fine. Is this amount of time adequate or do you wait longer.?

Meg has been making sure everything is perfect with regards to diet and general well being - they have already been nursed back to health to some degree. I am keeping there food constantly up as they have been underweight and meg has left me with instructions on how she has been caring for them so I'll maintain this.

Yes i know about does- my does are all fiesty- especially with other does, even when neutered. I haven't actually tried a male/female partnership. I've done male/male and female/female. It will be interesting to see the outcome. I did try bond 3 females to 2 males which was going okay, but i decided against having a group so big. The max i have at the moment is a trio.

Hermy is 3 weeks since her spay. I'll probably leave it 3 weeks after neutering until i try bonding or maybe four. We will see how it goes. I'll put them side by side after neutering indoors- separated by puppy pens.

Thanks for the help x

Hermy and Flopsy were bonded before they came to me, unfortunately :( which ended up in Hermy carrying a litter whilst 600g underweight. They had been together for over 3 months (surprising she hadn't had a litter beforehand really :/ unless she had and we were not told.)
Both have been recovering fantastically whilst they have been here and have put on quite a bit of weight despite being so poorly treated beforehand.
They are both wonderful bunnies and I feel priviledged to have had them for the short time I have.
Am already missing them both :(

Hermy and Flopsy were bonded before they came to me, unfortunately :( which ended up in Hermy carrying a litter whilst 600g underweight. They had been together for over 3 months (surprising she hadn't had a litter beforehand really :/ unless she had and we were not told.)
Both have been recovering fantastically whilst they have been here and have put on quite a bit of weight despite being so poorly treated beforehand.
They are both wonderful bunnies and I feel priviledged to have had them for the short time I have.
Am already missing them both :(

Giving them both kisses and snuggles from you xx

ah they sounds lovely!
I think its a good 4-6 weeks for a males to totally settle down after a neuter....otherwise he may still be a bit hormonal!:roll::)
Though you probably know anyways:oops:

Cant wait for pics!:wave:

I'm going to go see if i can find my blackberry and reset it- it should work then. It's such a temperamental phone even though the camera is okay- I'd like a new one just for bunny pics that is good in all lights. My night time photos' never do come out that well.

Back