• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Update on little one, day 6

lillian03

Young Bun
I'm sad to say little one won't last the night. Laboured breathing, and very very weak and cold. It won't take any milk.

I've put it on a warm hot water bottle and laid it in with mum, so it;s last moments will be comfortable.

xxx

I went to check a while ago and it had passed away. Mum was laying next to it :cry:

Sounds daft, but I'm really upset about it :(

Thankyou everyone for your advice and thoughts this last week, it's meant so much. I've learnt loads and am just praying if she is expecting again we won't have to go through this again :(

I went to check a while ago and it had passed away. Mum was laying next to it :cry:

Sounds daft, but I'm really upset about it :(

Thankyou everyone for your advice and thoughts this last week, it's meant so much. I've learnt loads and am just praying if she is expecting again we won't have to go through this again :(

So sorry and no doesn't sound daft at all. How could you not be upset. You tried so hard for this little bun.

I'm really sorry. You fought for that kit and you tried so hard, i'm sorry this happened.

My advice now would be to let mummy recover for a couple of days and then have her have an emergency spay. Chances are that if these kits were flawed as it sounds like they might have been, then you face this all over again next time round. That would be hard on you and on mummy. A spay would most likely be the sensible and fairest thing to do.

I'm really sorry. You fought for that kit and you tried so hard, i'm sorry this happened.

My advice now would be to let mummy recover for a couple of days and then have her have an emergency spay. Chances are that if these kits were flawed as it sounds like they might have been, then you face this all over again next time round. That would be hard on you and on mummy. A spay would most likely be the sensible and fairest thing to do.

I agree. I would be best for everyone.

*hugs*

In my heart of hearts I truly do not believe that they were flawed. I think with the cold killed them, or mum wasn't feeding properly as up until days 3 and 4 she was feeding them well.

I think the last one died because mum had no milk left, and by the time I'd got the correct milk and teat this evening it was too weak to even want anything.

In my heart of hearts I truly do not believe that they were flawed. I think with the cold killed them, or mum wasn't feeding properly as up until days 3 and 4 she was feeding them well.

I think the last one died because mum had no milk left, and by the time I'd got the correct milk and teat this evening it was too weak to even want anything.

But that doesn't explain why its eyes were opening far too young, and why mum was destroying the nest (I know you said you didn't think she was, but from saying all you did, that's what it sounds like).

Back