• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Happy Gotcha day Mimi! (story and pics!!)

Gemmapookie

Wise Old Thumper
A year ago my beautiful girl Mimi came into our lives :love:

2 weeks after the death of my precious Tilly I was in no way emotionally ready for another bun. However the more I watched my special boy Timmy wander around looking lost and lonely, the more I came to realise he needed a companion. We slept on the floor with him which he loved, but I knew that what he really needed to aleviate his grief was the company of another bun.
So with a heavy heart I liased with the nearest rescue to me and found Mimii. I knew from the moment I saw her picture that she was the one :love:

Mimi had a very sad past, she had been mistreated by her owners :evil: and found herself in 2 different rescues. When I met her she was a shell of a bunny, extremely nervous and scared, and had a bald patch on her neck where the unneutered buck shed been kept with had plucked her fur out :cry:

Bonding her with Timmy was fairly easy. They werent in love straight away but they were good friends. It took some time for Timmy to realise that she was a completely different character to Tilly, as did it for me.

We were all shattered with grief for Tilly when Mimi came into our lives, but she made us all smile and laugh again :D Getting to know her complicated personality helped us heal. Most importantly Timmy came back to life :love::love:

A few months later she developed head tilt due to an ear infectiob, and we fought a long hard battle to get her through it. It was a truly horrible, emotionally and physically exhausting time. But seeing her recover was the most rewarding feeling Ive ever felt :D:D:D She was so brave and fought so hard throughout her illness, I was in awe of her. She taught me so much and gave me so much strength, THATS when I truly fell in love with her :love:

A year on and she is a healthy and very happy bun. Her beloved Timmy dotes on her, the love between them is amazing :love: Me and her dad love her to the ends of the earth, we didnt rescue her, she rescued us :love:

Heres to many many more Gotcha days beautiful Momo. I love you xxxxxxx

DSCN1976-1.jpg

DSCN1862.jpg

DSCN1877.jpg

112_9767.jpg

Last edited:
That's such a lovely story :love:

Happy Gotcha Day beautiful Mimi, may you stay happy and healthy for many, many years xxx

I just came across this thread looking for something for someone else, and just HAD to bump it up.

For those who don't know I lost Mimi just over 2 weeks ago.

I love you and miss you so much Moomy.

I will write a post in Rainbow Bridge when I have the strength xxx

I just saw this, and thought what a lovely tale and what a lovely pair they made, then I looked a the date, and when I saw your update I had a sinking feeling. So sorry you've lost her. Take comfort from the fact she had years of happiness and the best care with you before she left.

I just saw this, and thought what a lovely tale and what a lovely pair they made, then I looked a the date, and when I saw your update I had a sinking feeling. So sorry you've lost her. Take comfort from the fact she had years of happiness and the best care with you before she left.

Thankyou so much x

What a beautiful happy ending Miss Mimi had. I'm so sorry you lost her, but so glad you found her and loved her in the first place. :love:

Back