• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ru we has new fwiends!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lexybee91

Warren Scout
Our mummy says that our new fwiends arr allowed to stay

On the 14th of febuary my mummy is going to marry Isobelle and mee... and we are going to live in the hutch togetha.

These arrr our new fwiends...
164588_1830270643242_1434651159_2013824_2580512_n.jpg

this is splodge and carrie

164715_1829978795946_1434651159_2013337_1237166_n.jpg

this is hazel

167692_1830289003701_1434651159_2013873_6329099_n.jpg

Group shot!!

please take the collars off
A they look too tight
B they could get them caught on something and strangle themselves
C they could try to scratch and get their leg caught through them

They are gorgeous bunnies and you will get to know them and tell them apart, there really is no need ever to put a collar on a bun
They also look overweight so I'd cut back on the mix and give them very small amounts of pellets, lots of hay and some veg
Well done for taking them., agoutis often get overlooked :D

please take the collars off
A they look too tight
B they could get them caught on something and strangle themselves
C they could try to scratch and get their leg caught through them

They are gorgeous bunnies and you will get to know them and tell them apart, there really is no need ever to put a collar on a bun
They also look overweight so I'd cut back on the mix and give them very small amounts of pellets, lots of hay and some veg
Well done for taking them., agoutis often get overlooked :D

I second this. Very pretty bunnies tho :wave:

OMG :shock:

They look very over weight :( I've never seen collars on rabbits :shock: :(

Thank you for taking them in. I hope you can get them off the mix and onto a good pelleted diet + lots of hay & back to a healthy size very soon :)

Oopss, okies the collars are off :D it seemed like a good idea at the time but now I know :D

They're very BIG... I think they may be overweight? x

Thank you for taking them in. I hope you can get them off the mix and onto a good pelleted diet + lots of hay & back to a healthy size very soon :)

for sure, they're deffo overweight. They can hardly breathe. I've got them on a commercial musli while I get the pellets, shouldn't be much longer now :) xx

When I was very young, I put a cat collar on one of my buns, I came down in the morning to only see half of it around her neck, as it should be... the other half was jammed in her mouth where she was trying it chew it off and it had got stuck.

Please don't let them wear them :(

And they are very big ladies!! Slimming World for them ;)

I know the little sweeties look a bit porky :lol:

where did they come from lexybee91? are they rescue buns?

I have never had experience with making buns lose weight but we have taken in a rescue that is slightly underweight so trying to fatten her up at the minute :roll:

I would start by reducing the amount of mix you give them to the required amount, an eggcup full and then adding pellets, slowly making the pellets overrule the mix eventually giving them just pellets and no mix (I'm sure you already know this I just like chatting :oops::lol:)

We will have to see more pics of these beautiful buns! Keep us updated :D

Don't worry starlight, they're off and never going on again. Once I get to know them a bit better i'm sure they're individual personalities will shine through.

Think i'll donate the -now un needed - collar to my mum and I's cat rosie :) we've had her for years. x

:wave: Bless them, I'm sure they'll be binkying about in no time once they're settled in - they obviously had far too much Xmas fayre like myself! :lol: x

ah, good point :) They're going to hate me for a little while but they'll be so much happierin teh long run. They're little legs must be so tiered. x

Are these the rabbits that you said you were going to rehome a little while earlier.

I am surprised that you have now changed you mind yet again.

You have already said that you have no money and obviously have absolutely no knowledge of how to look after a rabbit. Why are you keeping them when you know you should be rehoming them which would be better for them.

You will now have five lots of vaccinations to do, that is 15 vaccinations a year. You will now have four female rabbits to spay plus the male rabbit which hasn't been neutered. You have previously mentioned that Isabelle had breathing difficulties when you got her? Has she seen a vet? If her problems got worse, would you be able to afford to get her looked at on top of the 10 or 12 guinea pigs that you have.

I think you need to do some thinking and stop playing around with these animals lives.

Do they eat the hay? If they do then just give them about three handfuls of food between them and they should start to eat more of the hay if they're hungry, which they will be.

Eating more hay is better because it has loads of fibre and muesli has a lot of sugary bits in it. Really they should eat about 80% hay during the day, 10% pellets and 10% green veg. Fruit should be a treat as that has lots of sugar too and so do carrots. :)

If I give my rabbit Samus food she will eat it and she will get fat. :)
I learned I had to really limit her food so she would eat more hay. also you can get loads of different types of hay such as meadow hay, dried grass, timothy hay and even hay with dandelion and many more. That way they get a nice treat and I don't feel so mean limiting their diet.

They really are gorgeous though hand have loads of space. You seem to be doing really well with them so far. :wave:

An egg cup full per bun per day is what you should aim for, maybe slightly more to begin with until they adjust. Loads and loads and loads of hay. Refreshed as often as you can. If they're not eating hay there's a good chance they've either got: a) other issues which need exploring or b) very full tummies from too much mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back