PDA

View Full Version : Anyone microchipped their buns?

thenamesJT
24-01-2011, 05:12 PM
Im thinking about getting both buns chipped & wondered if anyone on here has done this?

Also, would a rescue/vet scan think to scan a rabbit for a microchip?

Grin
24-01-2011, 05:15 PM
Im thinking about getting both buns chipped & wondered if anyone on here has done this?

Also, would a rescue/vet scan think to scan a rabbit for a microchip?

Theres a note up in my vets that say that 1 rabbit a week is handed into them and 99% of them arent microchipped - from that, i guess they check. :?

I was wondering on whether to get mine done too.

thenamesJT
24-01-2011, 05:16 PM
Theres a note up in my vets that say that 1 rabbit a week is handed into them and 99% of them arent microchipped - from that, i guess they check.

Oh thats so sad! Id be distraught if I lost my buns, atleast if they were chipped Id have a chance of getting them back.

prettylupin
24-01-2011, 05:21 PM
Yup both mine done :wave: Quick injection at a routine check-up, slightly larger needle than a vaccination so might sting bunny for a split second but then it is all over and you have peace of mind.

Some vets and RSPCA's scan and some don't.

Tasmin's MOB
24-01-2011, 05:22 PM
One of mine is chipped as she came from RSPCA but the other two aren't. the three of them are house rabbits but when we move I want them to be able to play in a garden too so I will have the other two chipped then. The RSPCA def check if buns are chipped :wave:

mini lop1
24-01-2011, 05:40 PM
my locks is done, mabel is yet to be done, but the vet won;t do it until she is in too be speyed, its a different vet, the one whome put rosie to sleep, not seen the lady where used to for a while now, hope she;s not gone

however she;s still nice, our vets scans any rabbits handed in to them to see if they are chipped or not

purple_x
24-01-2011, 05:42 PM
Sydnee and Angel are both micro chipped.

Pippin will be done as soon as possible.

sacol4940
24-01-2011, 05:42 PM
2 of mine are microchipped as they came from the RSPCA already done, but my other 2 arent

thenamesJT
24-01-2011, 08:36 PM
Right the decision has been made, ill be chipping my babies!

:D

lildebs
24-01-2011, 08:45 PM
Bella and Oscar are chipped, Dolly will be done in Feb with her next jab...often if you do more than one you may get discount of 5 each bun....I did :D ...or be cheeky and ask how much it is for microchip, wait for the price and say if I get both of them done now do I get discount :oops::D...don't ask you don't get...and I think RSPCA do them for 10 so the vets do try with discounts for the custom. :D

Livi
24-01-2011, 08:51 PM
Mine are both chipped....Sadly due to the local fox population....IF they somehow got loose the chances are there would be a fox running round with a chip inside :cry: but mine are chipped - JUST in case!

Jenson
24-01-2011, 09:34 PM
Yes, done while at neuter.