• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone microchipped their buns?

thenamesJT

Mama Doe
Im thinking about getting both buns chipped & wondered if anyone on here has done this?

Also, would a rescue/vet scan think to scan a rabbit for a microchip?

Im thinking about getting both buns chipped & wondered if anyone on here has done this?

Also, would a rescue/vet scan think to scan a rabbit for a microchip?

Theres a note up in my vets that say that 1 rabbit a week is handed into them and 99% of them arent microchipped - from that, i guess they check. :?

I was wondering on whether to get mine done too.

Theres a note up in my vets that say that 1 rabbit a week is handed into them and 99% of them arent microchipped - from that, i guess they check.

Oh thats so sad! Id be distraught if I lost my buns, atleast if they were chipped Id have a chance of getting them back.

Yup both mine done :wave: Quick injection at a routine check-up, slightly larger needle than a vaccination so might sting bunny for a split second but then it is all over and you have peace of mind.

Some vets and RSPCA's scan and some don't.

One of mine is chipped as she came from RSPCA but the other two aren't. the three of them are house rabbits but when we move I want them to be able to play in a garden too so I will have the other two chipped then. The RSPCA def check if buns are chipped :wave:

my locks is done, mabel is yet to be done, but the vet won;t do it until she is in too be speyed, its a different vet, the one whome put rosie to sleep, not seen the lady where used to for a while now, hope she;s not gone

however she;s still nice, our vets scans any rabbits handed in to them to see if they are chipped or not

Bella and Oscar are chipped, Dolly will be done in Feb with her next jab...often if you do more than one you may get discount of £5 each bun....I did :D ...or be cheeky and ask how much it is for microchip, wait for the price and say if I get both of them done now do I get discount :oops::D...don't ask you don't get...and I think RSPCA do them for £10 so the vets do try with discounts for the custom. :D

Mine are both chipped....Sadly due to the local fox population....IF they somehow got loose the chances are there would be a fox running round with a chip inside :cry: but mine are chipped - JUST in case!

Back