• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Quick ways for cleaning a shed?

Bunni_xx

Mama Doe
Hi, to people with sheds. I am getting a large shed for my buns, and I want to clean it out every day. Soooo, I was just looking for quick, cheap and easy ways to give it a daily clean out and, a full weekly clean out. Thank you, xxx :wave:

Put lino on the floor - a cheap offcut will do and use litter trays for the buns. It shouldnt take long to clean the trays and sweep the floor daily :wave:

I have foam mats down, a quick sweep from escaped poops, a wipe over, and i spot clean trays daily top up with fresh hay, complete change weekly...quick but then i still seem to be in garden sweeping forever :roll::lol:

Litter trays, I only have to empty the litter trays every other day as I have two in there and plenty of megazorb, I do refresh the hay daily. They are pretty good at just using the trays although when I take out all the hay every other week there are a few maltesers but, not much at all, I do a layer of straw topped with hay and then add to that everyday for a couple of weeks and then completely change it, lino is good but, I'd personally cover the lot with hay when they are litter trained. My shed is basically a massive hutch :lol:

Give it a good sweep, I use a shovel to scoop up any mess into a bag, then mop if you have lino. Or at least mop once/twice a week.

I really really need to go buy some Lino for my shed. :lol:

Brush , mop and bucket- that's what i do my lino with , although i haven't got it down in the shed yet- then underbed storage boxes- the bigger the better to litter box train and fill with hay- keep all other bedding off the floor or it wont' work.

Brush , mop and bucket- that's what i do my lino with , although i haven't got it down in the shed yet- then underbed storage boxes- the bigger the better to litter box train and fill with hay- keep all other bedding off the floor or it wont' work.

Also if you have indoor cages no longer in need can always use them not only for a litter tray but to put water bottles on, then the water bottles drip on the bedding, not the shed floor. And you can always attach a blanket on top so they can go snuggle on there. :)

So, if I put lino down and fill a Nero 4 cage with hay, and put the litter tray in there? I would not put hay anywhere else. Thank you xx

Go for non-slip lino/vinyl flooring. The stuff you would put down in a bathroom. Otherwise the buns will find it slipperly.
If you have a "The Range" near you try there, they had vinyl flooring for £9 at xmas and still had some a couple weeks ago.

Back