• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just took my rabbit for a walk

shakiraminilop

Warren Scout
around the garden for the first time i was so nervous as the harness doesnt feel safe when she tries to run she is only little but can run failry fast.

I used to work for cats protection and fostered a cat which was on the lead and managed to get of so im so scared anyone else get worried or walks their rabbit

168725_492448936913_508081913_6155427_3480455_n.jpg

That doesn't look like its on right :?

Most of them go infront of and behind their front paws. That just looks like its tied around her just behind her front legs? Looks 'squeezed'.

Maybe its just the picture, but then i detest 'leads' for rabbits.

I don't know what to make of leads really.

We occasionally walk our indoor cats, but neither of them like it for more than 10 mins or so, and I'm always petrified that they will wriggle out and get on to the main road. On the cats harness there are two loops: one loop goes around the neck like a collar, and the other goes around the shoulders/behind the back legs. The lead is then clipped on to the collar, so as to avoid any risk of strangulation (though it can still be tight if you put it on without caution). Shakira's looks like a pink version of what we have.

I'm not entirely comfortable with it though, I like seeing bunnies binky and they can't do that on a lead :(

On Shakira, it looks like it is tight around the middle and loose around the neck, and though this can be adjusted easily, it looks like it might be a bit big for her? What did Shakira make of it, did she enjoy herself?

its a differnt kind of lead ;) altough it doesnt look safe :?

I personally wouldnt take Sebastian out anywhere other than the garden on his harness, to many cats/dogs/cars

ok u making me sound like im cruel i read instructions sed one round neck then under belly yer its a bit big but was a quick test so needs adjusting

ok u making me sound like im cruel i read instructions sed one round neck then under belly yer its a bit big but was a quick test so needs adjusting

I'm sorry, i never made you out to sound cruel. I simply made an observation about the image you had posted up and my opinion on the item you posted about.

I did not intend to make you feel that way, i apologise if you took it wrongly.

I had a bunny lead but both my rabbits hated the thing, biggest waste of money ever. It's now a chewtoy :lol:

ok it was a very quick time in the garden my first rabbit and she is my lil baby i did buy another type ov lead but she too small for it :(

Is that one of those shoulder harnesses? That like loops around the front legs?

Mops used to have one and didn't mind it in the slightest. She wore it from a baby. It let her stretch her legs and have a good sniff. I didn't/don't have a safe and secure garden so Mops couldn't be free range at all.

I didn't let Mops go near any bushes as I didn't want her to get tangled up and also let her walk me.

Here was my gorgeous girl with it on;

P1000463.jpg

P1000144.jpg

As you can see she wasn't bothered by it in the slightest. Saying all this, I wouldn't try Oggie (my current bunny) on one as he is scared of everything and probably die from a heart attack if I put a harness on him.

I used to sometimes walk Izzy and Raven in my yard on a lead. They could hop wherever they wanted and I followed, the lead just made me feel better. I wouldn't use it outside my yard. Mine would get out of it sometimes, but they never ran away or anything so it didn't matter. I was just afraid of predatory birds. Now I realize taking them out at all was a risk (hawks especially are everywhere here and regularly in my yard).

aww shes cute yer looks a lil looser than i put it on but im so scared she will get out ov it then my baby will b lost forever

I had to harness Lola the first couple of times out of her cage just to establish what was safe and what wasn't, she didnt listen then and still doesn't:roll:
Shes now got a harness like your rabbits and a great way of seeing if it is too tight or loose is to put your finger between your rabbit and the harness if its tight on your finger its too tight for your bun, if its really loose and you can fit 2 or more fingers in then it needs to be tighter.
I loved this harness for Lola when she was younger..
5535_106898469550_517734550_1937115_4302683_n.jpg

Depends on the Bun in my opinion, My bobby hated it, but I have seen other buns on here and other places who seem not to mind in the slightest :)

I had to harness Lola the first couple of times out of her cage just to establish what was safe and what wasn't, she didnt listen then and still doesn't:roll:
Shes now got a harness like your rabbits and a great way of seeing if it is too tight or loose is to put your finger between your rabbit and the harness if its tight on your finger its too tight for your bun, if its really loose and you can fit 2 or more fingers in then it needs to be tighter.
I loved this harness for Lola when she was younger..
5535_106898469550_517734550_1937115_4302683_n.jpg

yer i baught that one but baught ferret one lol too small

i just took her round the back garden she loved sniffing everything then she sprayed everywhere lovely lol

Thats what we tried to do with Bobby when she was a baby.. But she went mad, she hated it, which is a shame, as I can't let my buns out, my garden isn't secure

Back