• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hello from Derbyshire

Hi
My names Cara, I've joined to hopefully have support from people that know alot more about rabbits than me

Last July my brothers rabbits had babys and i fell inlove with the smallest we had her inside for a few months while we sorted out a garden hutch ..... she hated me and our dog snoopy but loved her dad ... sods law

however on friday morning i went down to sort her out while i was off n experienced daylight and sadly found my princess "sleeping" she was only 6 months old i feel so lost without her Lola was my little baby girl

she is buried in our back garden and i will go and see her whenever i can

HOWEVER my brother has said i can have the last of the litter called sunny another little girl, she wont replace lola and i don't intend on repalcing lola but i miss our snuggles (lola is my avatar)

So please can you all give me advise on looking after my new member of family i can't go through the heartache again anytime soon

Cara

the rabbits should stay with the mum until 8 weeks old...and make sure they have plenty of hay and pellets to munch

They were with the mum for 8 weeks and the next one has been with her 6 months, she had everything fresh i'd been down and topped everything up for her ... se seemed fine

Sorry you lost your bun. I had the same thing, my baby girl died at 6 months old. Sadly poor genetics and being the runt can just be too much for their little bodies to cope with :(

Back