• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Spring fever!

Oompa-Loompa

Warren Veteran
Does anyone else's buns have it? My two have been acting completely bonkers lately (well more so than usual, anyway ;)) but I thought it was too early, I mean come on it's not even February yet!?

Maybe cos we've had an unusually cold winter? Mine haven't been too bad lately but then they are indoors so I guess the temp change hasn't been so noticeable for them

i just posted this on another thread about the same thing.

It's not just the temperature, or the time of year (as such) but the fact that its getting lighter.

The light triggers a reaction in the eyes, which in turn raises a certain hormone, triggering 'spring fever'.

I was told of this by PL :)

Really? That's quite fascinating actually :)

And yes mine are doing that too ^ :? Circling and chasing...and humping :roll:

My lops were humping about a week ago but I put it down to Mischa being ill and affecting the relationship a bit as Mini was also not grooming him very much.

I AM SO RELIEVED TO SEE THIS THREAD!!!

I wish I'd checked here before posting on Behaviour and Bonding now :oops:

George has been at it non stop for 3 days, I'm about to go on a hunt for a toy bunny for him to love, give Fifi a break!

Boris has probably been at it for over an hour now :? I'm not sure whether to interfere? Or just leave them to it? I feel bad for Bella, sometimes she seems to just tolerate it but now she's being very vocal and clearly not all that amused, yet he doesn't stop :roll: Just turned the lights off, hopefully they'll go to bed soon :p

I am also very glad I've seen this thread.

Sydnee and Angel have been acting pretty bonkers the last few days and I thought I was going to have to seperate them as I didn't know what was going on!
Sydnee especially keeps bothering Angel, she puts up with anything from him though, bless her :love:

Hopefully they will calm down again soon!

I am also very glad I've seen this thread.

Sydnee and Angel have been acting pretty bonkers the last few days and I thought I was going to have to seperate them as I didn't know what was going on!
Sydnee especially keeps bothering Angel, she puts up with anything from him though, bless her :love:

Hopefully they will calm down again soon!

Yeah I was also worried about having to seperate them, I had no idea bunnies could even have spring fever in January :shock: But I guess all I can do is wait for them to go back to normal again *sigh*

Back