• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

House buns

What room do your housebuns live in?

• Kitchen

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Living room

Votes: 13 21.3%
  • bedroom

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • bathroom

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • hall/utility

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • other

Votes: 18 29.5%

• Total voters

Fifibutton

Wise Old Thumper
What room in your house do your bunnies live in.

Also how do they cope with general household noise such as the hoover and washing machine?

Dawn doesn't mind the washing machine, in fact when its not blocked off she goes to sleep behind it. She deals well with the hoover and knows just to stay out of the way.

Mine are now conservatory buns over winter but when Sebastian first arrived he lived upstairs, I shut him in the cage when it was hoovering time but he would watch the hoover :wave:

Their main room, only because thats where their litter tray is, is the kitchen/dining room.

They have free roam of the living room and the first floor of the house too. They're not allowed up to the 2nd floor :p

Neither of them mind the washing machine, Ebs hates the vacuum, Oliver just sits and looks at me and I have to vacuum around him :lol:

Olly is very chilled out and not much bothers him at all, altho he looks a bit worried by the Hoover... Honey totally freaks at the Hoover, she panics and hides and won't come out for a while afterwards! I now put them in another room while I Hoover... Honey also hates cooking smells and hides then too! :?

I have a pair that live in the conservatory and a pair that live in the under stairs cupboard (with no door obviously :lol:)

I needed a multiple choice poll, as mine are in livingroom AND hallway.

Neither are startled by the washing machine, fire alarm or anything :roll:

But all buns are different and can get startled by many things. E.g, B&G see a cat at the back door and its STAMP STAMP STAMP for a long time :lol:

You're still planning aren't you ? :lol:

Living room/hall right now. when they all free range together after they're bonded it will be bathroom+hall+possibly bedroom.

Hiya

My rabbits live in the dining room, and hop around the living room when they are supervised.

They don't seem phased by any household noises really, they don't seem to mind hoover, washing machine, TV, radio etc... However they sometimes jump when my mobile pings to say I have a message!

They've adapted really well to indoor life, considering up until December they lived my shed.

They're fab, except when they're chewing something they shouldn't! ;)

Mine used to be in our spare bedroom upstairs.. nothing really bothered them unless i went into their room with the hoover then they would hide up... but doing other rooms they werent bothered.

I needed a multiple choice poll, as mine are in livingroom AND hallway.

Neither are startled by the washing machine, fire alarm or anything :roll:

But all buns are different and can get startled by many things. E.g, B&G see a cat at the back door and its STAMP STAMP STAMP for a long time :lol:

You're still planning aren't you ? :lol:

Yes :oops::oops::oops:

My landlord relaxed her rules and now I'm super tempted. I already have 7 buns which live in my old house (now taken over by my parents who look after them) and as they are all fairly old (7-9 years) and garden buns 24/7 I have decided not to uproot them but leave them happy in the home they have lived in all their lives. They are only 5 mins away in the next village so I see them almost daily too :D

However (I like howevers :lol:) I can afford another bunnie or 2 ;) and would love to have a couple of house bunnies and my old boss at the sspca phoned up asking me to take in a particularly skittish one. He is evil :lol: He knows I can't say no, he's planted a seed which is really taking hold.

The only thing is my house isn't massive but I could give a bun/nies the whole kitchen and the hallway as well as a run in the garden and living room. My garden is quite open so I would be paranoid about letting him/her live out there 24/7.

I just wonder if it would be fair to let a bun stay in the kitchen. If its safe and if the washing machine would bother him. But I figure I could take him for garden walkies when the machine is on so he doesn't hear it :D

Maybe I'm crazy, OH seems to think so but I really want more buns :oops::oops::oops:

My two are fine with any noise. They were initially scared of the hoover, but now i just hoover the rugs in their room and they sit under the sofa bed.

Bedroom, he's deaf so noise isnt an issue however he will play with and chew the hoover's hose and wires so he goes in his cage when I hoover so I dont run his feet over.

Oscar is in the living room since that's where we spend most our time. He is ok when people knock on the door now, though if people are loud he goes to hide, and he hates the hoover, going to run and hide again :roll:

how big is the kitchen and is it bunnysafe?

Not bunnie safe yet. I want to by nic cubes and line the cupboards and skirting boards to make them chew safe. All units are too high for jumping and its a lino floor.

The kitchen is 6m/6m with a floor space of about 6/5m but there is access to the hall which is long although a bit narrow. Thats about 2m/10m. Bunnie would have permanent access to hall and kitchen (where I'd keep hay and litter trays).

Not bunnie safe yet. I want to by nic cubes and line the cupboards and skirting boards to make them chew safe. All units are too high for jumping and its a lino floor.

The kitchen is 6m/6m with a floor space of about 6/5m but there is access to the hall which is long although a bit narrow. Thats about 2m/10m. Bunnie would have permanent access to hall and kitchen (where I'd keep hay and litter trays).

6m x 6m :shock: Thats HUGE :lol:

They'll be fine in there, if you can bunny proof it :) That's awesome space!

B&G only have a 15ftx12ft (i measured it last night) living room and a 14x3ft hallway :wave:

Your house must be a mansion. My kitchen is barely 1m wide :lol:

6m x 6m :shock: Thats HUGE :lol:

They'll be fine in there, if you can bunny proof it :) That's awesome space!

B&G only have a 15ftx12ft (i measured it last night) living room and a 14x3ft hallway :wave:

Your house must be a mansion. My kitchen is barely 1m wide :lol:

Do you think so? My garden buns have way more space so I was wavering a bit.

I live in an old 2 up/ 2 down and most of the rooms are quite big with hgh ceilings except the bathroom which is tiny and the dining room. We are lucky though to have a loft which houses a lot of junk atm :lol:

My previous house had a teeny kitchen and the freezer had to be kept in the livingroom in a cupboard :shock:

Mine are freerange downstairs lounge, dining room and kitchen and when I'm home upstairs as well but not the study as there are loads of non-bunny proofed computery things! They LOVE the Hoover they are all over it, it's a nightmare trying to do housework! I would say the biggest issue with house buns is considering what happens to them when you need to go away! Having a rabbit savvy person to come in for a day is ok but because hay boxes/ litter boxes need changing daily anything longer and you really need good indoor bunny boarding which is rare!

Back