• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for my little Flop

musicqueen

New Kit
My Flop had to go to the emergency vets yesterday as he wasn't able to use his back legs and was just laid flat not able to sit up. He had diarrhea, runny nose and was cold. So I took him there and the vet said he was dehydrated. She said it could be snuffles or something viral. He had to be hospitalized for 24 hrs he is on a drip. I rang up this morning and she said there has been no improvement but he is eating. She has changed his medicine, wants to wait another 24hrs to give it a chance to work. If not then they don't think he will make it:cry: I'm upset right now. Hoping someone will be able to help on what could be wrong with him and some get better vibes x

I'm afraid I don't have any advice on what it could be but just wanted to send huge vibes for flop, I hope he's feeling much much better soon.

I'm so sorry about poor Flop - thank goodness you were able to get him to the vets straight away. I'm not sure what could be wrong, but if he is eating for himself that's good - shows he hasn't given up. Do you know what medication the vet is using?

Lots of vibes for Flop xxx

Thanks you both for your vibes. The vet didn't say to me what medication she is using. I don't think I've ever cried so much:(

If he has an upset stomach they should maybe rule out coccidiosis? It would be good to treat for EC as well. Sending loads of vibes for Flop. It's a good sign he's eating and they're treating him with fluids. Maybe edit title of thread if you want any advice, as there are people on this forum with more knowledge than many vets....

Thanks for all your vibes x I phoned the vets at 7 talked to the veterinary nurse and she said there has been no improvement. She is syringe feeding him and he is on pain relief but still isn't able to move. The vet yesterday ruled out EC and any dental problems. Just hope tomorrow is a better day.

This morning Flop had to be put to sleep:cry: I'm heartbroken my life won't be the same without you. I'd did everything I could to make you better:cry:

Back