• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone heard news on the PACT rabbits?

abbymarysmokey

Wise Old Thumper
I was wondering when PACT are going to start releasing rabbits to rescues who have offered places? I had an email from Chris when it was first posted on RU, but nothing since.

Abby, Chris is working her way through the homes offered at the moment, so you should hear soon.

Latest update on the PACT bunnies

From te PACT website:

Update Monday 24th January 2011

The rabbits are still progressing well, although sadly we did lose another two of the litter of nine. This was not surprising as they were in very poor condition when they arrived at the Sanctuary and nine is a very large litter even for a healthy rabbit. Over the weekend we had another litter born and again mum and babes seem to be doing well. We are keeping all the mums and babies in heated accommodation so we dread to think of the electricity bill, but we’ll worry more about that when the bill arrives, for now the important thing is to get these bunnies on the road to recovery.

Been to see all the bunnies at PACT today, was suppose to go 10 days ago but we have had the winter vomiting bug here :(

Well I have fallen in love with all the bunnies they have, there were a few that i especially :love: but I have said to Chris I will have what they would like me to have as they have so many New Zealand Whites and she feels they will be hard to home.

My next step is to empty the rabbit shed, insulate it and await an email from Chris with the chosen bunnies HEr and David have selected and bonded for me :)

I have also offered to do any bunny run needed to bedforshire or north Hertfordshire way as i go there regularly. So if anyone in these areas have space to help these bunnies let me know

Been to see all the bunnies at PACT today, was suppose to go 10 days ago but we have had the winter vomiting bug here :(

Well I have fallen in love with all the bunnies they have, there were a few that i especially :love: but I have said to Chris I will have what they would like me to have as they have so many New Zealand Whites and she feels they will be hard to home.

My next step is to empty the rabbit shed, insulate it and await an email from Chris with the chosen bunnies HEr and David have selected and bonded for me :)

I have also offered to do any bunny run needed to bedforshire or north Hertfordshire way as i go there regularly. So if anyone in these areas have space to help these bunnies let me know

Aww fab news :love: Will you be adopting a pact buns who's been at the rescue a while or some from the horsford rescue?

Aww fab news :love: Will you be adopting a pact buns who's been at the rescue a while or some from the horsford rescue?

I don't know yet I have left it to Chris and David to choose for me, they know i have room for a max of 4. I have told them which ones i really like, but they are all bunnies so all lovely lol

why are newzeland whites so hard to home? I dont get it they are adorable

Lots of people don't like white buns with red eyes which all these are. I must admite I too am not keen on red eyes either but i will still :love: them if thats what i get. They were georgeous today and considering where they came from so friendly and not nervous buns. All loved nose rubs from Dad and I :)

my yuki is pure white with blue eyes shes adorable ^_^

Nawww If I wasnt living in such a small flat I would take one or two on >_<

Once I am in derby in a nice big house with a garden I can help more

Well done to all you local ladies/gents for your hard labours on behalf of PACT. Im sure that Chris and the bunnies are so appreciative.

I think its wonderful to just say I will take any bunnies you want me to have, how fantastic is that.

We're back! There are some gorgeous new baby bunsters and lots more in need of names. :love::love::love:. PACT are extremely grateful for the money raised so far and there is a lot of work going on on the site to try and expand and improvve the accommodation for their animals. I've got to go through all the photos and start uploading some more now, but there are loads so it might take some time... :D

Hi all,

Just a reminder about the PACT Name the bunny fundraiser. Thank you all for your support. We still have 46 odd bunnies to name so if you haven't done so already there is still a chance to get your names in! Linky in my siggie. :D:thumb:

All the best

Jo

Update Wednesday 2nd February

The Rabbits are all still doing well. Litters continue to be born and on average we are losing one out of every litter soon after birth. Considering what the rabbits have been through it is not surprising that we will inevitably lose some babies but the fact that so many are surviving is good news.

The sick ones continue to respond to treatment and we hope that they will be well enough to start neutering and rehoming before the end of the month. Thank you to all those kind people for their messages of support and their donations, a full thank you will be posted very soon and will also be printed in our newsletter. We still desperately need hay, readigrass and bedding and donations of carrots would be really appreciated, as would contributions towards rabbit village.

We still have the PACT Name a bunny fundraiser running in the fundraising section. PACT are very grateful to all those of you who have supported us this far. There are fab prizes to be won and only 46 rabbits left to name- if even half the people who log onto RU donate a poud each I think we could name them all! Please help if you can! :D

All the best

Jo x

Just called Jo at PACT and I have 4 reserved :) I am off with the boys tomorrow afternoon to take some pics and for te boys to see them :)

I am having 2 rexes, a large nethie dwarf called treacle and one of the white horsford buns :) I know treacle was spayed yesterday and doing well. David is having the joy of bonding the 4 together for me :) while we get the shed all cosy and warm for them

I am so excited to be getting some more buns and a nice mix too :)

Back