• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit depression?

lexybee91

Warren Scout
Guys, Can rabbits get depression? I have Isobelle, but I also have three foster buns coming to me today who were going to be killed if they were not rehomed, stupid free ads. Chances are it'll be along term foster as the three are bonded and have to go as a group, so I was thinking I could try isobelle with them and if she gets on I could rehome them. Whatdya thinks :D x

I would have thought so too.

what about the rest of my plan ? lol xox

I always think that bunnies should have a friend... Dexie is getting awful atm due to being alone and even then, he sees Pumpkin and can interact with her through the hutch bars.
I don't know about splitting a bond if all three buns are already bonded though :/

Yes, my poor Sue is depressed now that Peggy has gone to the Bridge. I think George was a bit depressed when I first rehomed him too but he changed beyond recognition once I bonded him with Gemma.

I worry about upset my bonded three by adding Sue - but I am going to try it. I can't leave her alone and can't afford to rehome another bun.

It's so difficult knowing what to do for the best. I do empathise with you.

i'm not planning on splitting up a bond i'm planning to add to it:D

it's going well at anyrate. x

i've told the rescue I would just take them and adopt them if the bondinggoeswell

I have a similar problem. My Dawn was in a group, but she fought with the male and the two females died sadly. She's never been herself. But when bonding, she is iffy with the females and always attacks a male. I'm at my witts end with it, because she never flops any more, she's a very health girl, 4 years nearly. And I can see her being around for at least another four years. So I want her to settle with someone at least. :cry:

Back