• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

would this work

shadow05

Mama Doe
would a male and a female rabbit bond even though they have chossen each other.

cause im on about getting this female raqbbit but have no clue whether they will accpet each other. how do i slowly bond them together while she is young. he is not neautered yet but if i was to put her cage next to his and every so often put her in his while he is locked away would this be a good idea of getting her use to him or would this just drive each other crazy.

Putting their cages close together until they're neutered and you can really bond them.

i don't know if puttng them in each other's cage is a good idea. I know you mean while the other rabbit is somewhere else but that may make them enemies. That's their territory and they want to protect it. If they smell another bun in their territory they may be turned against each other.

would a male and a female rabbit bond even though they have chossen each other.

cause im on about getting this female raqbbit but have no clue whether they will accpet each other. how do i slowly bond them together while she is young. he is not neautered yet but if i was to put her cage next to his and every so often put her in his while he is locked away would this be a good idea of getting her use to him or would this just drive each other crazy.

is she spayed? If not, then god no, i know Scooter isn't neutered yet and you can imagine hwo that would end up...

Even if she was, i would keep them in seperate pens, next to each other until they are both spayed/neutered. He could pester her until she snaps and they end up having a huge fight. Bunnies can hold grudges, they may never bond if they fight.

Make sure if they are next to each other, that they cannot get at each other and bite.

When Ginger first arrived, Biscuit was *VERY* aggressive towards her, as she was intruding on 'his' territory. He would try and bite and scratch and would growl at her.

Neutral Territory during bonding, totally different story as its not territory based. You've seen how they are now, totally inseperable.

Does that help shadow05?

yea thanx ill do that if my mom ever gives me answer. ill probs not find out until i get home. i am quite excited but im also nervous cause i dont know how its going to go im more concerned with wat happens if i cant get them to get along. ill have to find her a home quickly. hopefully i will be seeing i pic of her soon.

Back