• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Problem/Dilemma/Heart trying to rule head...

Livi

Alpha Buck
Cut a long story short, longish/fluffy haired lop boy bunny....He is brown and has kinda stripey tones, with a big white foot & very adorable....

First spotted him around late Sept 2010 (26th to be precise!) in Pets at Home Waltham Abbey....Dont know why, but he caught my eye & I loved him :love:

Obviously I have my bonded pair and cant really justify a 3rd bun - plus dont really want to support P@H from a livestock perspective (yes I know its silly of me to buy my hay there...).

I regularly pop into that P@H store as it is on my way quite often, kept an eye on 'my bunny'....today I went in and saw an empty adoption pen, bunnys comments were 'too old to be sold etc':roll:

So (as I have asked a few times about my cute bunny....as I asked his age a few weeks back - as guessed he would soon be past his sell date :cry:) I asked if it was a brown bunny with white foot who had been adopted hence empty cage...

I was then informed HE was still there (the lady knew the bun I was talking about) but was currently out the back as he was in a sale pen and they needed space to bring the baby buns out...

She advised that he would probably be moving into the recently vacated adoption pen....Question is now...What do I do?! Do I go...see if he is there tomorrow/tues...end up adopting him?! Which I cant really afford to do...

But on the same token I will torment myself forever and ever wondering what has happened....I dont know why but hes in my head...and it seems to be going on forever and ever....part of me wishes he had been sold/was no longer there, but while he is it is playing on my mind........

Someone tell me to stop being so soft and be practical (head needs to over-rule heart!!!!!!)........

Leaving aside the debate about supporting pet shops, I think this statement is the important one:

Which I cant really afford to do...

Taking on more pets than you can afford to look after properly is not in the best interests of the animal/s (including the ones you already have), in my opinion. Of course it's hard to forget about him, but there are hundreds/thousands out there just like him. Sadly we just can't help them all :(

Leaving aside the debate about supporting pet shops, I think this statement is the important one:

Taking on more pets than you can afford to look after properly is not in the best interests of the animal/s (including the ones you already have), in my opinion. Of course it's hard to forget about him, but there are hundreds/thousands out there just like him. Sadly we just can't help them all :(

I agree with all this.

Also, something to consider is what happens if he doesn't bond with your pair? Or was it not a plan to bond him with them?

:thumb: I have to say I agree with the above. Regardless of what anybody thinks of the rights and wrongs of taking on a pet shop bun, I think it's crucial that you are able to afford the upkeep and possible vet bills, otherwise you wouldn't really be helping this bun at all.

Well maybe I should have explained myself more…. I could actually afford to take another one on, as I am not short of money….however (now I feel selfish for saying this) I am not sure I want to tie x amount more of my money up on a long term basis, when I could use that money to treat myself (I feel so awful saying that :()…

Rusty and Pip are so happy together, so I would be a bit unsure about adding a 3rd bun…but I just cant get this poor bunny out of my head :(

Ive even had a sneaky look at girl bunnies in rescue IF I ended up getting him and he needed a lady friend….Argh helop! I wish I had never seen him!!!!

Havent even approached my parents yet either….lol:roll::cry:

:thumb:

Back