• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Run out of food

emmaclaire

Warren Scout
Hi all
This morning i noticed i only had another bowl of food left so went to the supermarket i always get my wagg optimum from but they had none so i bought some sterling fibacrunch has anyone else tried this and will they be ok on it i have been thinking for a while to change there pellets i was thinking sience selective but i am very limited were i can buy that from but i have herd some good reviews on here about it what do you think stick to wagg or change to ss or is this new food ive bought any good xxx

Food changes should only be done gradually, so you should find some more optimum if you can and mix it in with any new food. I don't know anything about fibacrunch, but SS is definately a good food. Optimum is also good

All food changes need to be done slowly over a period of at least a week if not longer.

For now I would just feed a diet of hay until you can get the normal food that you usually feed your rabbit. If you are planning to change over permanently to the new food you have bought give a couple of pellets today and then slowly increase it by a couple of pellets maximum each day until you have reached day 10.

Pellets should only be a tiny part of the diet with almost 90% being hay therefore not having any pellets for a few days should not do any harm. It is best to avoid chopping and changing foods.

I agree with the above posters. Fibacrunch I think is ok, but food changes should be done over 2 weeks or more IMO. Maybe try a couple of pellets in their normal food, then gradually add more of the new and less of the old. Hope I helped!!! Xx

Well they wont eat the new food anyway i left it there over night and they didnt touch it so tomorrow il be able to get some wagg but im also getting some science select so i can change them to that il let you know how they go but im only buying a smalll bag of ss as they might not eat that xxx

Back