• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Exercise

Alicia

Mama Doe
My Mum won't let me get another run for the rabbits. I will be able to get a hutch that is big enough for a pair of rabbits and she said I can add height to the run we already have, but I won't be able to make it any wider or longer, and I don't know if it will be big enough, though I was thinking of maybe trying to add a level or something in the run just to make it a bit more interesting for the rabbits. They would be able to go in this run whilst I was at school (so about 7.30am - 4pm) and they could go in it at night too.

But are there any other ways of exercising rabbits without the run? As I said, they could go in the run in the day but as I think it may be a little smaller than what I would want for them (it's just over 6ft long, but it's not as wide as the recommended size) so is there any other way of exercising them as well as going in the run that would be ok? I thought about exercising indoors, they could hop around upstairs for a few hours in the evening as well but I don't know if the change in temperature would be bad for them?

I was going to try that anyway, if they liked it. I've looked at your videos and it looks really good :) Do you think a rescue would still rehome to me if they had a smaller run but other forms of exercise too?

I was going to try that anyway, if they liked it. I've looked at your videos and it looks really good :) Do you think a rescue would still rehome to me if they had a smaller run but other forms of exercise too?

Thanks :) It depends on the rescue if they would trust you to give them exercise every single day. I sometimes bring my bunnies inside for a run around, it's ok as long as you turn your heating off. :)

Unfortunately my bunny doesn't have an enclosed run, so he can only be out if I am keeping an eye on him. I've been bringing him into the conservatory for a couple of hours during the winter as there is no heating on in there. It's obviously not ideal, but on the other hand he finds the change of scenery quite stimulating and is VERY hard to catch when it is time to go back to his hutch. :roll:

Back