• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Surely this bun shouldn't be held like that!

:cry::cry::cry::censored::censored: oh her poor little paws :cry::cry:

Did you see the how to hypnotise your bunny one on the side with the same bun? I can't even watch it :cry:

I've held my rabbits like this a lot, I have heard it can slow their heart down but as long as they have the option of getting up themselves, I don't think its too bad.

I have done this to check the teeth of one of mine, it was max a min and then she was back to normal. I wouldn't do what the vid does though!

It's a state known as tonic immobility and I don't agree with it.

Anne McBride conducted a study into it and it showed that, following an episode of being tranced, the rabbits displayed significant elevation in respiration, heart rate and corticosterone.

The study reached the conclusion that tonic immobility induced a fear motivated stress state in rabbits, rather than being a relaxing thing, as some people seem to believe. You often hear people say "If they didn't like it, they'd struggle" but the opposite is true.

Link to the study (you can click within the link to open a word doc): http://eprints.soton.ac.uk/54860/

I lie mine on my backs quite often but cradle them so they are never fully reclined like in the video. I saw the OH do it once and made him fear for his life if he ever tried it again :shock:

The manipulation/ hanking on the bunny's pause and the dancing is rabbit abuse. It looked like a child doing this to the rabbit. That poor bunny should be taken away. The rabbit was being treated like a stuffed toy.

oooh that makes me so angry :mad::mad::mad:
that poor rabbit :(
has anyone here read the language of lagomorphs?
http://language.rabbitspeak.com/

have read that a few weeks ago and if i remember rightly from the position of the ears, emily was scared from the start, before they had even done anything to her grrr

I cant watch the vid right now, is it being held on its back? is that always cruel? :? Ive laid bunnies on their backs before. Cradling them like you'd hold a baby or laying them down on my lap on their back.

I cant watch the vid right now, is it being held on its back? is that always cruel? :? Ive laid bunnies on their backs before. Cradling them like you'd hold a baby or laying them down on my lap on their back.

She is held on her back whilst the owner messes around with her paws for ages, she looks very uncomfortable. Then at the end, her owner has her in his hands and he is moving her around to make her dance. :(

The black/white Dutch bun at the beginning look's so unhappy and wary of what's coming, I had to switch it off as I found it most upsetting to watch :(

KarenM's post is exactly it.

'Trancing' as its more commonly known is proven to elevate heart rate and respiration. 'Emily' looks totally stressed and petrified during the whole thing.

She's totally out of it. It's a total fear state.

That's just cruelty, not cuteness.

Poor Emily.

The dancing at the end is just disgusting. Shaking a bunny about whilst in mid-air. Great. The most comfortable and happy place she could be....NOT.

That video has actually made me feel physically sick :cry::cry::cry:

Back