• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rescues/Sanctuaries? How many rabbits do you currently have in your care?

Ambience

Warren Veteran
Also how many people do you have caring for the rabbits on a day to day basis? Is it just you or do you employ staff, have volunteers or get any kind of additional help from anywhere else.

Thanks.

We have, since today, 15 buns but over 100 animals. Mike and I do all the animal care, although we do have 1 volunteer who comes and tidies up outside.

The amount of rabbits here at the present moment, including my 5, and the permanent 2 buns is 23.

It is just me here and occasionally my mum.

20 as of tomorrow.

3 more on the way that I've agreed to take, one at the beginning of February, and another two early February also.

8 on my waiting list-five of which are in pig cages with no exercise so i really need to take them in if i can organize some space somewhere. They are five seperate un neutered adult males.

Except from what I've agreed, I'm only taking bunnys in from the vets now, cruelty cases and strays. The last cruelty case i was supposed to be taking was jasper just died of starvation and organ failure, so he won't be coming here anymore :(

20 as of tomorrow.

3 more on the way that I've agreed to take, one at the beginning of February, and another two early February also.

8 on my waiting list-five of which are in pig cages with no exercise so i really need to take them in if i can organize some space somewhere. They are five seperate un neutered adult males.

Except from what I've agreed, I'm only taking bunnys in from the vets now, cruelty cases and strays. The last cruelty case i was supposed to be taking was jasper just died of starvation and organ failure, so he won't be coming here anymore :(

Gosh, i never realised you already had taken 20 in! :shock: Or is that including your own buns? I would serioulsy try and limit your intake and get a few rehomed. You need to get your name out there as a rescue, otherwise you may end up with all the buns x

I have 50 in at the moment but like most have been doing rescue along time and at the beginning kept numbers very low as it is very hard to get known and for people to take you have to build up your name slowly

im fairly certain hopper haven have over 100. BB mommy or doorkeeper would tell you for sure but whether they are on to see this thread is another matter.

20 as of tomorrow.

Does that include your own rabbits?

Not sure how many ARC have at the moment, between 20 and 30 probably. But they are living with several different fosterers, it's too much for just one person, as we all have jobs and families.

Don't know if we belong on this thread as we are not a rescue as we don't rehome but we have 18 rescue rabbits, two who are special needs and Mike and I care for them all. :)

I have 29 adoption rabbits in at the moment plus 8 of my own there's just me looking after them, although I do have a girl that feeds for me on a Friday night while I'm open to the public.

I also have children and various other animals of my own here as in chickens, cats and a dog.

Back