• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How much did you pay for your rabbits?

happysaz133

Wise Old Thumper
Of course, you don't need to answer if you don't wish to share that info :wave:

I paid £35 for Rosie from a breeder 8 years ago, and last year I paid £20 for Islay and Jura from Gumtree plus £10 fuel costs for the woman to bring them to me. So £30 in total for them.

The bunnies before that my parents paid for so I don't know.

I paid £25 for my dwarf lops and travelled over 100 miles to get my mini lop. He was free. ;)

I then had to have them all vaccinated and spayed/neutered. I think rescues are the way forward. :)

Pebbles - as a baby from a pet shop - £35

Harley (bridge bun) - as a baby from a breeder - £45

Roxy - from 'rescue', as not spayed or vaccinated though :? - £35

Phoebe - 8 months old from a breeder, unwanted breeding doe - free

Starlight £5 from a local lady who had an accidental litter
Shadow nothing, I got her free from ex's dad's boss
Moonshine £25 pet shop who were abusing her
Storm £10 from a man who had too many and was moving
Scraggles (Moonshine's daughter) was born at the house
Twilight nothing, the rescue were happy I would neuter myself saving them funds for another needy bun
Autumn £20 from a rescue
Echo and Eclipse free to good home.

snowball - £25 from a pet shop
(no rescues near enough and i don't drive. plus, i wasn't intending on a rabbit, it was my snowball i fell for LOL. if i hadnt bought snowball, i wouldn't have gotten any rabbit lol)

Rainbow bun Harvey was free :love:
Toffee was around £20 from a pet shop
Daisy was £45 from Starlight rabbit rescue
Fuzzy was £45 from Starlight rabbit rescue
and George was free... he was my 18th birthday gift :love:

So Total: £110 :shock: :lol:

I wouldnt change it for the world though :love:

I brought Lilly, my female for £20 from a local pet shop.
I rescued Billy, my male and gave a £15 donation

£15 each for Bella and Chloe from a backyard breeder when I didnt know any better they werent vaccs spayed or anything

I think Dutchie and Albert were £40 each cant remember exactly. They are fatfluffs and came neutered and vaccs and complete with fab bonding service

Evie was £15 from rspca she came vaccs and spayed

Fudge was free from rspca he came vaccs and neutered

Last edited:
Beano was £20 from a garden centre, and I paid £45 to adopt Gordon but they are both priceless :)

Artie - pet shop £16 (2004)
Esme - pet shop £25 (2008 )
Rudy - Bunny Camp Sanctuary £55 + donation (2008 )
Tinkaboo - RSPCA Walsall £40 + donation (2008 )
Elijah - Free to good home. someone local nursing him back to health. (2010)
Erin - Free to good home (Gumtree), she was even brought to me so previous owner could home check and meet Elijah :love: (2010)

Spenser was free to a good home, but I gave a £30 donation to Rainbow Rabbits where I have my sponsor bunnies. I wouldn't like to tot up what I have spent on him since ... :lol:

Sky, Angel, Star, Sunny, Lightning, Hope, Dusk, Dawn were all born here.

Badger (£20), Sandy (£15), the Dopeys (£20 each) all came from the same breeder but at different times.

Candyfloss £20 adoption fee.

Autumn, Roger, Wish, Mooshy Face and all my other previous rescues I never paid an adoption fee for. I reckon when fostering them I spent far more money and saved those rescues a lot of money, so no one ever asked me for anymore. Most of them I paid a lot of money on vet treatment while they were technically fosters and obviously food and suchlike.

Ebony - Free, friends rabbit had babies
Poppy - donated £30 to the SSPCA.
Harriet - £40, breeder
Rowan - £30, breeder

and the rest I bred myself :)

Maud, £20 from a pet shop (sorry guys but I was not leaving without her ):D
Malc, free from a rescue due to the fact he was being bullied and no-one wanted him :cry:
Colin, free from the same rescue because I fell so in love with him :lol:
Cilla, free from the same rescue because Colin loves her and they now love me as much as they love their bunnies :lol::lol::lol:

Oh, and I've been over there today to drop some things off for them and I fell in love AGAIN!!!!
(no room at the inn tho) :cry:

lil dude £20 from a breeder un neutered
hney £40 spayed
i almost got a belgian hare from auction yesterday :oops: but was pulled out due to runny eyes

About £35 for Hazel-Rah, £50 for Hattie (both pet shop bought), around £40ish for Milly from a decent breeder, £20 for Mai from a rescue

Pretty much everyone else was free/unwanted (but they make up for that by costing me hundreds in vet bills :lol:)

Back