• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Spaying & Neutering

shaunna

Young Bun
My rabbits are being spayed and neutered tuesday. I was just wondering if they are given painkillers after it for at home?

I don't remember my two being given painkillers to give at home. However, they were given a pain killing injection at the vets to help them over the first 24 hours.

Hope all goes well,

FC x

I don't remember my two being given painkillers to give at home. However, they were given a pain killing injection at the vets to help them over the first 24 hours.

Hope all goes well,

FC x

Oh okay then. Dont like the thought of them being in pain though :S
Thank you :) i hope so too im so scared x

Personally I think pain relief should be given routinely post spaying/castration.

I doubt a human would expect to go without analgesia for a few days after a similar surgical procedure.

http://www.veterinarypartner.com/Content.plx?P=A&A=500

totally agree.

My boys get painrelief for 3 days, and my girls 5 days minimum.

Its inhumane to expect, especially the girls, to recover without pain relief for such a large operation.

Personally I wouldnt leave the surgery without some pain relief!
It should be routine after any op in my opinion and a spey is a big op
If not given.. I would insist on it.
Hope all goes well

Im going to, to be honest.
I dont like the thought of either of them being in pain.
If it doesnt come with the operation fee then i will ask to pirchase some separately
Thanks everyone :)

Back