• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I seem to have lost my fur!!!!

rngpwelfare

Mama Doe
I've gone from this on Thursday when two men caught me running up and down a street and took me to Aunty Tracy's :shock:

DSC03091.jpg

DSC03092.jpg

DSC03093.jpg

DSC03096.jpg

To this yesterday

DSC03097.jpg

DSC03098.jpg

To this today

DSC03099.jpg

DSC03100.jpg

DSC03101.jpg

DSC03102.jpg

DSC03104.jpg

He's licking the towel here while having lotion put on him :love:

DSC03105.jpg

DSC03106.jpg

This is what we took off:shock:

DSC03107.jpg

just to show how thick some of it was

DSC03108.jpg

I don't think I've ever had a rabbit come in that matted before.

Theo has been a star it's taken us about 5 hours of clipping to get this lot of him. The vets made a start on Friday but where so busy they only had time to find his bottom, testicles and tail. That said they did make it easier for us to get in too yesterday. Theo and I spent 3 hours yesterday doing him and finished him of today. He's been a star all the way through although he was getting a bit pee'd off by the time we'd finished today.

The sweetest but saddest bit was watching him finally able to scratch his ears and lick his back leg.:D I'm just hoping that he's not a woolly when his coat grows back in.

Theo thank you so much, I couldn't have got this done without you this weekend. :D

Ahh I bet he feels better now bless him.

Well done to both you and Theo for your marathon grooming session :thumb:

Oh my goodness. Poor little darling! He is lovely!! What is his name? So sorry to hear he was a stray too :cry:

Hope he soon feels comfortable and warm again when it starts growing back.

Well done Tracy and Theo, it must have been hard to do that x

Poor boy...his coat was well bad :( he must be feeling on top of the world now...and somewhat naked :lol:

Well done to you both :)

Oh my goodness. Poor little darling! He is lovely!! What is his name? So sorry to hear he was a stray too :cry:

Hope he soon feels comfortable and warm again when it starts growing back.

Well done Tracy and Theo, it must have been hard to do that x

Well when he went to the vets he was called Cedric but he's been nick named Sunny Jim all weekend so now I can't make up my mind :?

I did think about getting mum to knit him a jumper but I don't think he's be impressed somehow.
The worry now is that as he's living in my front room that the family don't gang up on me to keep him as that's what happened with the cashmere I have in the house now.:roll::D

Well when he went to the vets he was called Cedric but he's been nick named Sunny Jim all weekend so now I can't make up my mind :?

I did think about getting mum to knit him a jumper but I don't think he's be impressed somehow.
The worry now is that as he's living in my front room that the family don't gang up on me to keep him as that's what happened with the cashmere I have in the house now.:roll::D

Both are great names but Sunny Jim is fab!! :love::love: Bless him!

Hmmm I did wonder ;) I quite fancy popping over for a cuddle (and may wear a coat with big pockets)

Aw there are some bunnies like him at PACT who could do with the same treatment. Poor lad. I like the name Cedric. I think it suits him.

what a lovely boy and thank goodness he's getting some tlc. please put up pics when his coat grows again, i'd love to see him in his full glory. :)

I like Cedric :love:

Bless him! I do think he should come live in one of my bathrooms :love: Maybe I can sneak him home with me on Sunday :love:

Awww bless him, he is such a sweetheart and he was so good, although he was getting a bit tetchy towards the end but he was brilliant, he was wriggling today and jumped about a bit but there was no nastiness from him, in fact he kept licking Tracy as I was shaving him:love::love::love:

I am sure he feels a heck of a lot better, all he wanted to do was scratch his ears with his foot, he couldn't do it before because the matts were so thick he couldn't bend his leg or his body.

I think Sonny Jim is a much better name:love::love::love:

Somebody will become a lucky bunny mommy once this little guy has recovered enough to be adopted. :thumb:
In case he's a cashmere, I wonder if you could shear him regularly and use his fur for a jumper? :lol: He sure would be less matted.

Back