• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny staircase (photos but possibly today's most boring thread!)

Stator

Warren Veteran
Joey has always struggled a bit with the old ramp, he slipped and slid and had to scramble to get up so I thought I would try a staircase instead. It's made of decking planks cut into short planks and then screwed together and supported by a few stilts. I think it worked quite well, I hope they like using it. It does take up a lot of the downstairs space, but that's the dark / hiding place so that's fine.
one.jpg

two.jpg

three.jpg

That is very clever. :thumb: I hope Joey finds it much easier. :love:

(And sorry, I think you have to try harder to win 'boring thread of the day' ;))

looks great, really gentle angle for them too. :)

If you're worried about the wasted space you could always fill that area with bedding in the hopes they sleep there then open up the top floor so you've not really lost any space.

I love seeing inventive bunny-relate builds - not boring at all! Did it take you long to make?

Not long at all! Probably a few hours. Just cut the wood, screwed it together, cut some legs and in no time it was finished :) As you can see there are still lots of rough edges I should probably have tidied up :?

What a fantastic idea! :D

One of my old girls is having trouble with the ramp in her hutch even though it's not a steep one...this would be a great replacement!

Those stairs look fantastic and very easy for a bun that does not do steps well. Julie needs a some movable ones like that so she can get on the couch and bed. She is height challenged. You are very creative.

Back