• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I hope this is genuine. Oh it was!

Sky-O

Wise Old Thumper
After some advice from here I placed a freecycle ad about all the rabbit waste and if anyone wanted it for their allotments. A bloke contacted me and said he would. We e-mailed back and forth for a bit and it turns out he has a lot of allotments and wants as much as we can give him and a regular supply. He knows exactly what's in it and still wants it.

We're taking the first lot down today. I so hope its exactly what he wants and that he will want regular supplies, but above all, that its genuine and I haven't just been fooled. It would be awesome to get rid of so much in that way.

Please wish us luck when we take it down! let's hope we return without it!

Last edited:
Ahh if only we had some help with that. I'm debating buying another bin off the council we always seem to fill two bins worth anyway lol x

Good luck - sounds like it will be a real help. :wave:

Sounds paranoid but make sure you go with someone else/don't meet him alone etc. Sorry, I sound like my mother :oops:

good luck with it. I used to have a lady who collected our bunny waste for her allotment, but she moved away. So nw we put it in the brown bin.

*lily* said:
Good luck, lots of "poop getting rid of" good wishes!
:lol: that's a new one. Thanks!

Kermit said:
Sounds great, i really hope it all works out
Thanks, me too :)

PixieRabbit said:
Ahh if only we had some help with that. I'm debating buying another bin off the council we always seem to fill two bins worth anyway lol x
Mum is scared to do this in case they say we can't put rabbit waste in there. Good luck with yours!

Tinsel said:
Good luck - sounds like it will be a real help.

Sounds paranoid but make sure you go with someone else/don't meet him alone etc. Sorry, I sound like my mother
:wave: No worries, my mum has to come because its her car, and dad may also come because of how heavy the bags are. No worries! We're going to arrive mob handed. :lol:

Cor...give him all of our details! :lol:
No, he's mine!

kittykat23uk said:
good luck with it. I used to have a lady who collected our bunny waste for her allotment, but she moved away. So nw we put it in the brown bin.
Thanks. Thats a shame though. We fill our brown bin and many many more binbags every two weeks (two weekly collections). Glad yours fits in yorus though.

Funny, I've just come in from hutch cleaning, and was daydreaming about placing an ad like that.... you've just given me the encouragement to actually do it.:D

Hope it works out for you :)

A tip for this guy from our neighbour who has all of our poo - our neighbour makes rabbit poo tea in a blender in his greenhouse & then stores it all in a big steel drum. He then waters all his veggies with it & trust me I've never seen veggies like them that he grows!! He swears by rabbit poo tea!!! :D:D:D

Hope it works out for you :)

A tip for this guy from our neighbour who has all of our poo - our neighbour makes rabbit poo tea in a blender in his greenhouse & then stores it all in a big steel drum. He then waters all his veggies with it & trust me I've never seen veggies like them that he grows!! He swears by rabbit poo tea!!! :D:D:D

When I saw Rabbit poo tea, I thought he was drinking it, not putting it on his plants!!

How did you word the ad...?!

This would be great if someone round here wanted it, I've only got the two rabbits, but they make a bin bag full of rubbish a week, and if someone could make use of it, it would be one less bag in the tip every week.

"Bunny poo going free" is all that springs to mind for me :lol:

Just posted this................

Anyone into making compost?

If so, apparently rabbit poo is one of the best ingredients!
(and you can also make 'rabbit poo tea' by disolving droppings in water and watering your plants with it)

We have far more than our smallish garden and compost bin can cope with - a mix of droppings and soiled hay/straw/chopped hemp bedding.

If anyone would like to come to a regular arrangement whereby they drop off some heavy plastic sacks, and we email you to collect them when they are full ....we'd love to hear from you.

it likely is true, my mother in law took two large black bags of bunny waste (newspaper, carefresh, hay poop and wee) for her allotment shame she lives so far away!!!

Back