• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Brushing dwarf lops with thick fur

Kittykat23uk

Mama Doe
Hi all,

for those of you who have dwarf lops, like Sprocket:

E620 test 051 by kittykat23uk, on Flickr

Hw do you groom them? He has quite dense fur, but not as long haired as an angora or lionhead. I've got a comb and a slicker brush, but the comb doesn't seen to be able to get a grip on the dense fur and I have limited success with the slicker brush. he gets a few small matts, which I pull out and is a real wriggler, by its mainly the inside of his back legs that I'm concened about. So any tips gratefully received. :D

I dont have any advice sorry but I have a similar problem with Sooty so I will be interested in the repies. All the brushes I've tried just seem to skim the surface it's particulary a problem in winter when his fur is very thick.

I had the same problem with Izzy. I'm not sure what brush I used, it was some dog brush that was designed to get all layers of fur. It worked well.

Back