• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

screaming rabbit???

leanne2525

Warren Scout
i just started putting my rabbits out for a run, and i put my male bob out then put him away and put myt 16 week old boy scooby out, i left him running and playing, 20 mins or so i went to check on him and as he saw me it was like he didnt reconise me and went mad throwing himself into the metal and wood of the run so hard he was knocking him self over, i grabbed him to stop him hurting his self and he screamed and screamed i got him to his cage and his eyes was rolling back in his head with fright, i put him in hutch and left him for a min, he then came out and was in bit of a state but started calming down, he let me stroke him and now his just sat in hutch slowing going back tro normal, my partner thinks a neighbours cat may have scared him but his used to them as we have one? he is a bold baby boy and never seen him like this any one have any ideas?

Aww poor thing. I guess he was just startled when you came out, or by a cat or, do you have foxes or dogs that could have got in the graden? Either way, this may have caused him to panic and then you grabbing him might have made him think he was being got by a predator which might be why he screamed. But its just a guess, was he screaming before you picked him up or only when you went to grab him? Must have been awful for you too. :(

he's still only young anything could of scared him, like my rosie used to be scared of larege birds flying over, your neighbours cat might have frightened him, as will smell different to your cat, or a fox

hope he's calmed down now, i had a rabbit scream once, it was not a nice sound to hear

Aww poor thing. I guess he was just startled when you came out, or by a cat or, do you have foxes or dogs that could have got in the graden? Either way, this may have caused him to panic and then you grabbing him might have made him think he was being got by a predator which might be why he screamed. But its just a guess, was he screaming before you picked him up or only when you went to grab him? Must have been awful for you too. :(

he started screaming once i grabbed him, but i had to as he was smashing his self against wood of the run i was worried he was going to badly hurt him self, and the neighbour has a jack russel that barks but he wasnt in garden, so i dont have a clue :(

Aww, that's probably why then, all those flight hormones coursing through his body. just let him settle down agin, hopefully he will be fine.:)

Back