• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rabbit wee on carpets

mini lop1

Wise Old Thumper
having a few accidents with mabels training, and had a few puddles on the carpet, whats best thing to clean up with and get rid of the smell? is white vinegar ok, i don't want to ruint he carpet or leave stains on it

Not sure to be honest. But on QVC my dad was watching it and they had a carpet cleaner that cleans up everything! Red wine, egg, juice, milk! :shock: It was amazing. :lol:

We use white vinegar immediately afterwards to neutralise the smell and prevent staining as much as possible but it does still leave a little stain to be honest, although most of these have come up when we hired a carpet cleaner with shampoo thingy :)

I found something great for cleaning the stain and the smell. I saw it on a vet programme that tested different ones and this won. Its called Simple Solution and I bought it from Amazon. I used to use just the white vinegar but it didn't work on repeat offenses in the same spot whereas this does.

I found something great for cleaning the stain and the smell. I saw it on a vet programme that tested different ones and this won. Its called Simple Solution and I bought it from Amazon. I used to use just the white vinegar but it didn't work on repeat offenses in the same spot whereas this does.

I use simple solution too....its very good ....you can get in in focus ,I found out recently, in the pet section :wave:

I used white vinegar and bicarbonate of soda when my foster dog first came and wasn't house trained :)

Boiling hot water straight after you've soacked up the 'wet'.

I found 1001 didnt work for us, but maybe htats our carpet. We use Dr Power / Power Dr cleaner to get the colour out :wave:

Its called Simple Solution I used to use just the white vinegar but it didn't work on repeat offenses in the same spot whereas this does.

we have this, initially for new puppies (many years ago) & now use it for everything. Excellent.:love::love:
Can be bought from pet shops and leaves no stains, marks or odours:D

Last edited:
we have this, initially for new puppies (many years ago) & now use it for everything. Excellent.:love::love:
Can be bought from pet shops and leaves no stains, marks or odours:D

i'll try this then, she hadn;t actually done it again until earlier today, as i cleaned dogcrate but mum shouted my tea was ready adn i never got chance to change her litter tray and as it was dirty and needed changing, she went on the carpet instead, just alittle set back i suppose, my fault

Back