• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

can my indoor buns go out to play?

I know if they are going to live outdoors then they cant go out permenantly until Aprilish, but when can they go out for a couple of hours a day to play?

Mine havent been outdoors at all since November because of all the snow, and i think theyd love a good play in the run, might help give dad a kick up the bum to crack on with bunny proofing too.

ETA: i can put some foam mats down at one endso the floor isnt as cold and pop a snuggle safe in their carrier. ill be out there with them the whole time as i have the shed to clear and the piggies to clean out.

Last edited:
Personally depends on the weather where you're at. If it's nice and sunny, and not icy/frosty. Let them out I'd say. If it's too cold, they wont go out.

Personally depends on the weather where you're at. If it's nice and sunny, and not icy/frosty. Let them out I'd say. If it's too cold, they wont go out.

Well you know where i live, Saltburn. Its always cold because of the sea! :lol: and it can be frosty on a morning, but i cant give them a choice of wether they want to go out because i cant just let them out of the back door :( I have to put them in their run as the garden isnt fully secure, we discovered this when Marley dug soil from the OTHER side of the fence and went for a wander down the street!! :shock:

Well you know where i live, Saltburn. Its always cold because of the sea! :lol: and it can be frosty on a morning, but i cant give them a choice of wether they want to go out because i cant just let them out of the back door :( I have to put them in their run as the garden isnt fully secure, we discovered this when Marley dug soil from the OTHER side of the fence and went for a wander down the street!! :shock:

Ahh.. then not yet. wait until maybe Feb or March. Spring weather preferably. And mostly in the afternoon, when suns all nice and high in the sky.

I know a few people who let their bunnies out at the moment, but they have secure gardens and just leave the back door open. x

Ahh.. then not yet. wait until maybe Feb or March. Spring weather preferably. And mostly in the afternoon, when suns all nice and high in the sky.

I know a few people who let their bunnies out at the moment, but they have secure gardens and just leave the back door open. x

Ive had a thought. What do you think to me putting some of my foam mats down in one half of the run so the ground isnt as cold and putting a snuggle safe in a carrier if theyre cold. I have the shed and the guinea pigs to clean out so ill be out there with them to keep an eye on them :) If they huddle up in the carrier, ill just bring them in.

Ive had a thought. What do you think to me putting some of my foam mats down in one half of the run so the ground isnt as cold and putting a snuggle safe in a carrier if theyre cold. I have the shed and the guinea pigs to clean out so ill be out there with them to keep an eye on them :) If they huddle up in the carrier, ill just bring them in.

You can give it a go. good way at checking their temperature is feeling the tips of their ears.

Back