• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oscar (dwarf hammy)

KarenM

Administrator
Staff member
.... also playing in the bathroom (not with the gerbils I hasten to add!) and also being gross, eating a mealworm. :mrgreen:

I love it when he eats because he hunches up and looks like a fat little ball. :love::lol:

DSCF0788.jpg

DSCF0790.jpg

Are the dwarfs easy to handle?

They're quite quick when they want to be. :shock: :lol:

They're apparently less tolerant of 'clumsy handling' so are more suitable for teenagers or adults. Oscar was from a breeder so was very well handled from a young age, so I do think that's helped too. He's awake for quite long periods during the day too, so we get to see a fair bit of him.

He's quite a little piggy though - if he knows you've got food in your hand he reaches up and scratches away at you until you feed him. :lol:

They're quite quick when they want to be. :shock: :lol:

They're apparently less tolerant of 'clumsy handling' so are more suitable for teenagers or adults. Oscar was from a breeder so was very well handled from a young age, so I do think that's helped too. He's awake for quite long periods during the day too, so we get to see a fair bit of him.

He's quite a little piggy though - if he knows you've got food in your hand he reaches up and scratches away at you until you feed him. :lol:

Awww sounds gorgeous. We had gerbils several years ago, they were flipping quick :shock:

We're going to get our new hammy this afternoon, we are having another Syrian :D

OH my god woman! Where have you been hiding this little gorgeous boy :love: (actually maybe its best i don't know........... :shock:)

We had gerbils several years ago, they were flipping quick :shock:

:lol::lol::lol: We must be lucky, the gerbils are pretty slow and tend to just sit on your hand. Put them on the floor though and they're like a pair of rockets. :lol::lol:

thats it Karen all your animals are the cutest! Im coming round! :lol:

Only if you bring your camera. ;)

(actually maybe its best i don't know........... ):shock:

He's small enough to fit in some quite small places, that's all I'll say. :lol:

Back