• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Converting dog kennel for buns

Kasshyk

New Kit
Hi All, my new arrivals are being collected on Friday :), brother & sister French Lops. They are going to live in my unused dog kennel which is 2 4x4 kennels each with an attached individual 4x6 run. I need some advice as to what to include within the kennel area for Buns comfort. I was going to put in a shelf but not sure how high it should be for Frenchies? The kennel floor is lino covered wood & run area paved, plan is come summer they will have a covered front verandah onto the lawn, any advice on bedding etc to use to ensure their comfort would be gratefully recieved.:D

Flopsi and her lot in the shed are just small/medium buns yet they can hop the 2/3ft onto the top of the hutch in there. I'd put a shelf at somewhere between the 2/3ft it's a safe height. And you can always add a ramp.

Is this the permanent set-up or just temporary?

I also advise a nice long waterproof tunnel in the run, my lot love tunnels.

Back