• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How many times daily do you clean litter trays?

How many times a day do you clean litter trays?

• Once daily

Votes: 63 85.1%
  • twice daily

Votes: 11 14.9%
  • three or more times daily

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Once a day at the moment. May do twice a day in the summer, depends how messy they decide to be!

once every other day mostly, sometimes everyday in summer, but he's on the garden in the daytime so it would be more if he was using his tray all day.

depends tbh.
at the mo i do it twice a day, because i am introducing him to veg, so like to check to make sure that everything is ok.
after he is used to veg, prob be once a day

Once a day at the moment but twice, sometimes more in the summer. I have two buns sharing two litter trays but they are only using one tray to pee in at the moment the other is more for hay eating and sleeping in.

Every other day for mine, they are outside and have large litter trays. Every day or twice if necessary in summer though.

There is no way I could physically do them every day. It would be a huge waste of megazorb and hay too, as it is when I empty the lionheads trays nearly all the megazorb is dry apart from a few spots.

All boxes are changed twice a week. Two for the lionheads and one larger one for the lops.

There is no way I could physically do them every day. It would be a huge waste of megazorb and hay too, as it is when I empty the lionheads trays nearly all the megazorb is dry apart from a few spots.

All boxes are changed twice a week. Two for the lionheads and one larger one for the lops.

Agree with this.

I have 2 buns just now and they live apart. I lift poops but i do a full change every 3 days.

To do them everyday would completely waste hay and megazorb.

Saying that, next we we go from 2 buns to 4 so i might be doing more cleaning then.

Once every other day. I don't know if I could do all of them at once. I have all the rescue buns using litter trays too, not that they have the good sense to use them :roll: :lol:

In the summer I pick it up a bit and we do our best to do every day. I use fly repellent spray on the hutch's/shed, and have those hanging fly strips as well as have lavender about. Flies apparently detest lavender; probably because it smells so lovely <3

Once a day. Very very rarely I miss a day but put fresh hay in (I use newspaper and hay). Only one bunny

Once a day. :D

I have 2 buns with 2 large cat litter trays and I don't think there's any way I could get away with cleaning them less but I only use one scoop off megazorb in each tray - if I used more it 'might' need doing less.

At a push I could probably remove all the hay (leaving the newspaper and megazorb in) and just addd fresh hay but it's easier to bin the lot every day.

2 buns living together, using 2 trays and cleaned twice a day. Sometimes I'll poo-pick during the day too but only at weekends as I'm at work during the week. :wave:

Once a day in the winter but twice a day in the summer.

I have a pair and a single bun. They have large cat trays (2 in total) with newspaper at the bottom, then megazorb and then hay on top.

Back