• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help from the 'wordsmiths' please.

R & R by the river

Warren Scout
Having been converted ( thanks Alice and Sal :wave:) away from using woodshavings in the litter trays, I am left with 2/3 of a jumbo bag to give away.
I want to offer it on freecycle for someone to use to soak up spilt oil on the garage floor, or similar, but at the same time try to include a message that woodshavings are unsuitable for pets.

I just can't seem to be able to word it right.

Anyone care to suggest a suitable (short) wording?

Is this any use?

'Free huge bag of woodshavings; would be ideal for soaking up oil or liquids in a garage. Bag was originally bought as bedding for a pet, but I now realise that this product can be harmful to animals due to dust and can cause eye infections so will not be using for that purpose.'

I have a large bag, two-thirds full of woodshavings that need a new home. I am offering them due to research that has shown woodshavings are damaging to small animals' lungs, and so I have changed to another type of bedding. For this reason I would like them to go somewhere they will not be used for animals, but perhaps for garden/household/DIY purposes. I can drop them off locally or you can collect from (place here).
Please get in touch,
(name here)

ETA: sorry you beat me to it and yours is much less babbling :lol:

Final result .......................................................................................................I have just over half a jumbo bag of woodshavings from Pets@Home .
I was using these in our rabbits litter trays, but have since learnt that woodshavings can be harmful to pets, causing eye and breathing problems.

If anyone can use them,possibly to soak up spilt oil on a garage floor, they are very welcome to have them.

Back