• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

1 year on...thanks guys

winnies angel

Mama Doe
Well jack will have been with us one year tomorrow I know a lot of people on here will remember the story but if you dont...
We were helping raise money for a rescue which we thought loved animals turned out they wanted nothing more than the money and the small animals were left in a dark cold shed with no bedding, food or water and they were breeding from them.
Untill one day when I realised what was going on after some sudden unexpected turning ups. After working with the kind people of Ru the animals were took to new homes by my oh who done bunny runs up and down the country. 4 rabbits, 2 chinchillas and guinea pig made it out. 2 rabbits were hid from us but we have reason to believe that one of those is also in a new home after the rspca found it and sadly the oldest I believe died after the good part of his life stuck in that hell hole he was 9 years old.
However there ordeal was not over as everyone of those pets needed vetinary care. Some worse than others with teeth growing into there jaw or legs needing amputated.
But they are all doing well now and the RSPCA is still checking up to date they dont take small animals in anymore thank god!

So please at some point sunday raise your cuppa to Jack and all the others but also to yourself for standing by us and helping and for all the moral support because I was in a bad place to know that you sent money for the best intentions but it was actually keeping them pets in a that awful place really upset me.

hoppy gotta day jack and gang!
http://www.hoppybunnyrabbit.com/jacks profile.html

Ah yes, I remember this very well.

I will raise a glass for Jack and all the others rescued from that awful place. Well done! :D

I never realy knew the proper story of this, it was before I had discoverd RU, but I vaguely knew of it because of the book you wrote (which I enjoyed).
At the time you were doing what you believed to be a good thing, you were being decieved and not to blame.
You did your best to right the wrong i understand.

Yeah the book I'm glad people still remember that! Of course the money went to Bunny Burrows aswell which I wished it all had.
Its awful that in a way I wish that chapter of my life had never happened because of the grief etc at the time people thinking it was my rescue and the fact we aren't rich we have never had a proper holiday and only get stuff what we can afford but because it was something which I believed in that I worked overtime to pay for the book to be published and to save up for treats etc at xmas for the rescue and they were using the money on well god only knows what because the buns didn't see it,
Really upsets me still how can a rescue be so cruel?
Anyway to the future and many hoppy days!

how awful :( I never realised, this was before I joined RU. What a terrible way to destroy people's faith

I have so much respect for the people who help rescues in so many ways, people who do bunny runs, who fundraise tirelessly. Never give up because of a few bad eggs :wave:

Last edited:
Back