• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice please

biscuitblossom

Warren Veteran
Diesel and Alfie (M/F) have been together since a couple of weeks before Christmas.

The last week or so there has been a lot of chasing, no injuries and not really even much fur pulling although Diesel has no incisors so the poor boy is at a disadvantage.

This evening it has been more prolonged and Diesel is panting hard from the stress,he also has some loose fur .....Question is what should I do?

Seperate? :?

ETA I can't work out who is the aggressor ,it seems to vary :?

What is the wether like with you? Could just be spring fever. My group of four and even my pair do this every now and then regardless of time of year I wouldnt worry too much as long as they arent hurting each other

What is the wether like with you? Could just be spring fever. My group of four and even my pair do this every now and then regardless of time of year I wouldnt worry too much as long as they arent hurting each other

Its been quite sunny today I suppose ,was freezing yesterday :?

Hmmmm could be spring on its way. Has anything changed eg their accomodation, bedding anything new recently?

I should have said they are indoor bunnies so possibly weather wouldn't affect them as much :?

I've put a pen in upstairs because Diesel was peeing on my bed a lot but the chasing was happening before that and I actually thought the restricted room might improve the bond to an extent .... they still get free range time in my room but when I'm up there to supervise.

I should have said they are indoor bunnies so possibly weather wouldn't affect them as much :?

I've put a pen in upstairs because Diesel was peeing on my bed a lot but the chasing was happening before that and I actually thought the restricted room might improve the bond to an extent .... they still get free range time in my room but when I'm up there to supervise.

I think they still know - longer daylight and it is warmer.

Have you tried taking them for a short car journey in a carrier? If they arent hurting each other I would say its fairly normal rabbit behaviour. A and E have days when they do laps of their shed :roll:

I think they still know - longer daylight and it is warmer.

Have you tried taking them for a short car journey in a carrier? If they arent hurting each other I would say its fairly normal rabbit behaviour. A and E have days when they do laps of their shed :roll:

I don't drive so cant do a car trip easily..... I've just given then their dinner and they're eating together nicely, maybe it is just spring fever .

I guess I'll bide my time and see how they go ... I was a bit worried that Diesel can't really defend himself without teeth anyway,bless him, but as far as I can tell he doesn't seem to have any bite wounds or scabbed over ones just seems a bit stressed.

I don't drive so cant do a car trip easily..... I've just given then their dinner and they're eating together nicely, maybe it is just spring fever .

I guess I'll bide my time and see how they go ... I was a bit worried that Diesel can't really defend himself without teeth anyway,bless him, but as far as I can tell he doesn't seem to have any bite wounds or scabbed over ones just seems a bit stressed.

Stick them in and walk round the house and up and downstairs a few times maybe.

If he isnt scabby it sounds like its just fur pulling which isnt so bad especially as its getting warmer and they are starting to loose it anyway.

You should have seen my garden after my lot had been freeranging this morning - clumps of fluff everywhere

Be careful. I had two rabbits fall out, they were in a group of four. And despite being neutered they got very hormonal and stressed at each other. It was Spring then too. Dawn had a very bad injury to which she needed treating.

I'd try the whole re bonding technique, like the car journey that was suggested.

Back