• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The right mix of hay rack, hay and megazorb?!

loobysarmy

Warren Scout
Hey Folks,

Just a small question to all you house bun owners out there. I currentley have have 2 32ltr underbed storage box's with a couple of inches of megazorb and then filled with hay. I used to only have it half filled with hay to one side but Molly would dig it all up and then mix the hay with the megazorb. But now its all filled she doesnt dig in it anymore, which is good, but its that full with hay when she wee's it doesnt reach the magazorb and the hay stays wet and damp.

My buns have dog crate bases and there box is in there. Normal foldy out hay racks dont take enough hay for my liking. But i dont know what else to use?

Does anyone have a soulution to my little problem? Is it just a solution i will have to deal with and take the hit on the wasted hay?

Also will i need bigger boxes with them being for 2 buns now?

I only put a covering of hay over the Megazorb - just enough to cover it really. Plus I only use about an inch of Megazorb. I just use cheap baled hay in the litter trays. Then in the hay rack, they get their expensive timothy Willow Warren hay. Yes, the hay in the litter tray does go damp where they wee but I do a complete change of it every two days (daily in hot weather) so it doesn't really matter.

I use a hanging basket frame for a hay rack - the half frames that you can hook on a wall or fence. Value ones in B&Q cost a couple of pounds.

I wouldn't have thought you'd need a bigger litter tray for two rabbits but you might need to clean it out more often.

I've been looking on the BnQ website to no evail. I'll prob need to pop in our local one to see what they have.

I'll check the local garden center aswell.

I've been looking on the BnQ website to no evail. I'll prob need to pop in our local one to see what they have.

I'll check the local garden center aswell.

Maybe it's a bit too early for them to have all their gardening gear in stock. But you'll get a half-hanging basket frame from any garden centre.

Back