• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rehoming my little flosso

kk_kayla

Mama Doe
..ok so i thought long and hard about this..and becuase my girl is not neutered she needs to be done before putting them together...i have no money at the minute and have to wait for my bf to save up...because he is going to pay for spaying...so i have decided i cant just leave him on his own for what could be 6+ months...hes sooo lonely...so im going to rehome him....he is neutered...will need to be vacinated again in a few months as he got done about 9/10 months ago.
how do i go about this....??

Hang on, why can't you put them together if he is neutered?

(I am guessing its not a recent neuter, a recent neuter would mean waiting 8 weeks before putting them together)

I have had a neutered male and un neutered female a few times, whilst I wait to save up for the neuters

Could you not go halves on the neuter and pay for it quicker?

Contact SOAD to get him put up on RIN, and then start advertising elsewhere. Also remember to home check and educate any new owner, etc.

shes a little fiesty at the minute...also shes an indoor bun and hes an outdoor bun...she hasnt had her injections either yet so i have to save up to get them done before putting her outside

If your rehoming your male... your female will not have a friend when she is eventually spayed? You will then need to go out and get another? :?

Can you not put them near one another with bars inbetween so they get used to one another?

Im sure with lots of attention from you he can hold on until you can bond them?

Sad you want to rehome him :( You can advertise him on rabbit rehome and on here, try free ads too.

Last edited:
shes a little fiesty at the minute...also shes an indoor bun and hes an outdoor bun...she hasnt had her injections either yet so i have to save up to get them done before putting her outside

:wave: vaccs should be done wether indoors or out, you can transfer diseases. :) how is other bunny. I have bonded a feisty female with a submissive male

the thing is i have 2 sisters and 1 male indoor at one point they were all bonded...so once i get them none i would like to bond them all again....hopefully ill get them done all at the same time.

If you have decided to rehome him then contact a moderator, somebody said SOAD, asking if they can put him up on the forum. Then you will know the person from here will give him a good home and hopefully be able to see updates on him. Remember to include all the info about him and check the home he may be going to. I'm really sorry you've had this decision to make. Best wishes xx

Back