• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do you need to quarantine a bunny coming from a rescue?

Depends on the rescue IMO. If it's a trusted rescue who you know would keep a really close eye out for illness, then I don't bother to quarantine

He has been fully checked by the vet but I always say keep a eye on them for a few days particularly as he is travelling a distance

I think I would quarentine him anyway, not because of where he is coming from, but because travelling that amount of distance can stress him out, and make him prone to picking up things, or for underlying problems to flare up.

I know when Charlie moved over here the stress caused him not to eat, which inturn gave him small spurs and, well, you know the rest.

i didnt seen as alvin went to the rescue to meet his wifeys.... the rescue do their own quarentine period i would of thought :?.. i do panacur when i get them both home tho.

ok thanks guys :wave: he will have to wait a little while before being introduced to Grace anyway

I agree. I tend to vaccinate and worm here. But they can still pick up other things. And all it takes is a gust of wind to give a rabbit VHD. That always scares me.

I'd give it two weeks.

I Panacur for 28 days before introducing to the others (unless the rescue has already done it). :wave:

no worries, I'll be giving him another week or two of bachelorhood before attempting a bond because Grace needs to be spayed :wave:

Back