• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

2 bunnies arrive tomorrow.- they are home. Piccies.

halfpenny

Wise Old Thumper
The 2 bunnies I was thinking may be going elsewhere are being collected by us tomorrow.
2 older lops, mum and son. Feeling a bit happier now I know what is happening. Need to get the quarantine area set up now.

Last edited:
Just got the buns home, and I'm going to leave them to recover from a long car journey. They had a lovely big run and have obviously been well loved. Their bums were clean but are very matted, I think because they have been left to dry without brushing. I don't think they have been given much hay and there was a full bowl of pellets, no sign of hay though, so this may explain the dirty bum problem.

Mitzi, 8 year old mum, is an agouti and white helicopter eared girl and Snowball, her 5 year old son, is a BEW loppy.

My biggest concern is that I felt lumps in Mitzi's mammaries as soon as I picked her up, she is un-neutered so there is a chance it could be cancer.
I will give them a couple of days to recover and then get them into the vet for a check up.

I get some piccies later, they are quite stressed so I'm just going to let them recover.

Last edited:
Just managed to sneak a couple of piccies, they were out but ran back to the carrier when I went in.

Snowball-
001-4.jpg

002-1.jpg

Mitzi-
004-2.jpg

Aw they're gorgeous :love:

Sending vibes that Mitzi is okay. I recently had an unspayed doe come into the sanctuary who I was sure had cancer, but the large lump on her nipple turned out to be a cyst

Thanks, I really hope she is OK, they are very sweet, both sitting in their litter tray munching hay with nettle from one of our secret santas.:D

I think Snowball will be quite a character, he was flopped in the carrier on the way home, while Mitzi was a bit more stressed about it.

The buns are booked in for Friday morning. I had a chat with one of the vets and we think we will get Mitzi scanned and x-rayed to see if we can pick up any signs of cancer and if it has spread. If there are no signs I don't think I will get her spayed and will monitor her with regular scans.

Their owner phoned tday to see if they were OK, I told him I thought Snowball was going to be a character, I said he flopped in the carrier on the way home and I thought he was stressed, but I was told they are used to travelling and he flops a lot. This morning has was standing on the pen to say hello. Mitzi is friendly but a bit more reserved.
The thing I am pleased to see is that they are good hay eaters!:D

The buns are booked in for Friday morning. I had a chat with one of the vets and we think we will get Mitzi scanned and x-rayed to see if we can pick up any signs of cancer and if it has spread. If there are no signs I don't think I will get her spayed and will monitor her with regular scans.

Their owner phoned tday to see if they were OK, I told him I thought Snowball was going to be a character, I said he flopped in the carrier on the way home and I thought he was stressed, but I was told they are used to travelling and he flops a lot. This morning has was standing on the pen to say hello. Mitzi is friendly but a bit more reserved.
The thing I am pleased to see is that they are good hay eaters!:D

Glad they are settling in well :D

So nice that the owner phoned to check how they were doing :)

Back