• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Nearly fully free range now :)

tiger_lily

Mama Doe
After much convincing the OH that Oscar wasn't going to eat the sofa during the night, he agreed to let me leave him out overnight rather than shutting him in his cage.

The last two nights he's stayed out and he's been really good! We just make sure all wires are safely hidden away and there are lots of toys out, give him his veggies and he's fine :) Plus I'm a lot happier because he can run round all night.

Now just to work on leaving him out during the day too... When we leave (only for a few hours max) we set the house alarm, and I'm not sure if he would set it off or not. Does anyone else know?

We're slowly getting there with Oscar's accommodation :D

Do you have a fancy alarm that you can assign to different rooms? A friend with a cat set her alarm so it was on everywhere but the kitchen where the cat had access to during the day when she was at work.

It depends how sensitive your alarm is!

Do you have a fancy alarm that you can assign to different rooms? A friend with a cat set her alarm so it was on everywhere but the kitchen where the cat had access to during the day when she was at work.

It depends how sensitive your alarm is!

It does have different rooms, but our landlady didn't know how to use it and said not to mess about with it.

I may have to experiment setting it when I walk down to the corner shop, at least I can run back if it starts going off!

Back