• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Housing help please.

CharlyBoo

New Kit
As you will all gather, I am new to this forum, and if you've read my intro, you'll know I'm new to bunnies too lol ....

So.. not knowing where everything is on here, I would like to ask,,, would some of you kindly show me your outside hutch set ups.... we want to buy something nice for her to live in. We prefer her to be an outside rabbit, as I believe they are better off living with nature and not against, for instance, central heating, false lighting etc ...

Are rabbits ok with ramps in hutches? I'm only used to ferrets lol

Thanks in advance xx

If you'd prefer the bunny to be outside purely because you think it to be more natural, that really isn't a worry. :) By that token, dogs should "naturally" be outside but most people have their pooches indoors with them. Take a look here for some more info: http://www.mybunny.org/info/housebunny.htm

AMETHYST

A shed with attached run would be the ideal accomodation for your rabbit. Much more space and works out cheaper :D

I bought a kennel/run from someone who makes them locally and it was cheaper than a hutch/run and so much bigger and with a covered roof so they can use the run permanently.

Back