• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit in small hutch !

CharlotteMc

Mama Doe
Hi well my friend has a cross rabbit about the same size as a dwarf lop but she keeps it in a 3/4ft hutch. She never cleans is out, feeds it a huge bowl of muesli every day or once a week (whenever she remembers) and feeds him left over vegatables which include sometimes lettuce, also this bunny is never in the run ! They thought the rabbit was a boy until I checked it and found out that he was actually a female :O I have tryed talking to her about her and even showing her with my bunnies how to look after a rabbit and all she says to me is "okay i know I dont look after my rabbit as well as you do yours, but I love her" I have even offered to have her as she is a lovely bunny :) This rabbit has never been to the vets and is just a abbit who sits at the bottom of the garden. i have tried everything to get her to improve the conditions of her rabbit but she is having none of it. I know she loves her rabbit but doest show it :/ Any ideas of how i could persuade her to look after the bunny right ?

On facebook, friend's albums appear at the side of the page and one was one of yours and a pic of a rabbit in what looked like a small, dark hutch came up, it said Dippy, is that her? :(

Thanks I will show her these :) I just don't want to offend her :(

Well you could just say that you found these and learned loads of stuff you didn't know so thought you would pass them on in case there was anything in them that she didn't know ;). Sometimes you have to put yourself down before other people are prepared to listen.

Back