• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

vhd vac then strange

karen1980

Mama Doe
Lily has been a bit off with me, not her normal self.
I was off over Xmas and a week off sick. She had her vhd back last sat and has been very quiet and not sociable with us.
I really need some advice or reassurance please

I think it's usual for them to be a bit lethargic after. Do you know which make it was? If you're concerned it's always worth ringing the vet.

Holly was weird for 3 weeks after her last VHD.. i thought i was mad but then she suddenly snapped back to normal 3 weeks later...

if i had her longer id have known for sure it was the jab but at the time id only known her a short while and put it down to para..

That's okay, thanks I wanted to make sure I knew what you meant.
I'll keep an eye on her, she has some scabs that seem a little worse since the vaccine

dont panic unless she gets really bad ouch sores or stops eating.... says me who panics at a funny look :oops:

Thanks easier said than done, I'm on hot coals with worry
She's eating and pooping but a little off her food like only really liking her fav's. Refusing her elderly bunny excel pellets that I was transferring her to, and pick feeding her normal pellets. Oh heck!

Cylap does seem to make them more under the weather. Might be worth asking for Lapinet or Anivac next time. I'm sure she'll be ok though, like I say, if you're really concerned I'd give the vet a ring for a bit of reassurance.

Thanks everyone I checked back in my diary for Lily last year and she was strange for two days after her vhd vacation, this year its 6days. Next year I'll be booking ahead for the lapijet
thanks for your support x

Back