• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Any spare vibes for Sammy.. E/Vets today! Hes Just Left Me! u/d p25

littleboots

Mama Doe
Woke this morning to find Sammy hadnt eaten overnight and was quite wobbly and losing his balance!
Vets fully booked.. but put me in as emergency!!
Bless him.. he stayed in and had a dental and they found pus right at the bottom of his ear canal....
Hes now on Septrin, metacam and zantac and panacur as a precaution.. He is an older boy.. and is still very sleepy..

sammysam004.jpg

Please eat Sammy, Im really worried!

Last edited:
Sending lots of vibes - he's a beautiful bunny:love: How old is he?

got him from rescue @2yrs ago.. he was in a real state.. I was told the previous :censored: owners said he was 4.. then changed their minds and said he was 2 an a half... so hes either 4.. or 6 and half... could be older.. bless!!
Vets always refer o him as an "older" bun!!
this g/a is taking some time to wear off!:cry:

got him from rescue @2yrs ago.. he was in a real state.. I was told the previous :censored: owners said he was 4.. then changed their minds and said he was 2 an a half... so hes either 4.. or 6 and half... could be older.. bless!!
Vets always refer o him as an "older" bun!!
this g/a is taking some time to wear off!:cry:

Has he had a drink ? Getting him to take some fluids will help clear the GA drugs out of his system. A heat pad would help too.

Hopefully he will be much brighter by tomorrow morning xx

Has he had a drink ? Getting him to take some fluids will help clear the GA drugs out of his system. A heat pad would help too.

Hopefully he will be much brighter by tomorrow morning xx

Thanks Jane.
Ive managedd to get him to take a couple of slurps of water from his bowl but thats it!!
Hes in bedroom and heating is up so he should be warm enough..
He has been in same spot for about 2 hours.. Should I syringe some fluids?
Sleepless night for me I think!

Thanks Jane.
Ive managedd to get him to take a couple of slurps of water from his bowl but thats it!!
Hes in bedroom and heating is up so he should be warm enough..
He has been in same spot for about 2 hours.. Should I syringe some fluids?
Sleepless night for me I think!

If he is awake enough to swallow then it would help to get some water into him. But if he is still really out of it I would not syringe him as he may aspirate it.

Older Buns do tend to take longer to clear a GA, especially Bigger Buns. For future reference I'd make sure that the Vet gives fluid therapy, IV or SQ, after the GA. This really does help a lot xx

Poor Sammy! :love:
He should start drinking soon it took Lola 6 hours when she got home and it was only tiny amounts she was drinking:roll: the next day she was quiet but soon started to drink and eat her favourite foods:)
Lots of vibes for Sammy:love:

If he is awake enough to swallow then it would help to get some water into him. But if he is still really out of it I would not syringe him as he may aspirate it.

Older Buns do tend to take longer to clear a GA, especially Bigger Buns. For future reference I'd make sure that the Vet gives fluid therapy, IV or SQ, after the GA. This really does help a lot xx

Thankyou... will make sure of that in future... that really makes sense!
Will check him in another hour and if any more awake will get some fluids into him.

Only just seen this, I hope Sammy is feeling a bit better this morning.

If you add a dash of boiling to his water to make it tepid they seem to like it like this and drink a bit more (mine all do anyway).

Back