• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Big-little bonds

Charliesangel

Warren Veteran
I know this has been discussed some odd times, but I can't seem to find the right threads through search :?

My question: is it possible, and is it safe, to bond a big breed with a little? A concern I would have would be safety, as the big bun could easily squish the little, but if they are free range, does it really matter?
Could a Flemy get on and live comfortably with a Dwarf?

I don't know the answer, but thought I'd "bump" the thread as its an interesting question and not heard any thoughts on this before. Anyone?:wave:

Heartened by various 'size discrepancy' bonds on RU, I'm in the process of bonding a laid back Flemish girlie with a full on nutty little Nethie - all good so far.
Pics will follow when the buns concerned & I are truly happy with the situation.

Here is a link that Tinsel started a little while ago - some wonderful pics - they do work - think its personality with most buns:wave:

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=258310

This is exactly what I was looking for! Clearly you're a better searcher than I ;) Those pictures are brilliant!

Heartened by various 'size discrepancy' bonds on RU, I'm in the process of bonding a laid back Flemish girlie with a full on nutty little Nethie - all good so far.
Pics will follow when the buns concerned & I are truly happy with the situation.

You know, I was aware that size wasn't a huuuuge deal, but I hadn't seen a Flemie/Nethie pairing before on here, so I was curious. I would love to see pictures once you have 'em!

More bunnies Leah? :love:

I'm SO broody for a third. It's insane. I've got in on my mind - constantly. I've been looking into it for a while, and this lovely Flemish Giant lady has stolen my heart :love: She's been in a rescue for about 3 months now with her mother and her sisters. No body wants big buns :(
Problem is - she's so big and my boys are sooo small! But it looks like it's quite possible that they could work out...so we'll seeeee! I've already named her :oops::oops:

threarah.jpg

Definately possible but really depends on their characters, really important through that they are both neutered.

Back