• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cost of speying

lollipop1982

Alpha Buck
Just been to price up the cost of having my rabbits speyed and neutred and cant believe the difference between 2 vets.

first one quoted £55.20 for female and £42.40 for male (costing total of £140)
Second one quoted £87.86 for female and £62.50 for male( costing total of £212.86)

Just wondered what are the prices roughly normally as i know it may varies in different area as thought the second price was really high compared to the first one

Check whether the fee quoted includes the follow-up appointment.

Our vet quotes £60 for a spay, but doesn't mention that the follow up will be an extra £18.

If one of your vets is including it, but not the other, it might explain part of the difference.

thats a good point actually, maybe why another vets i had a quote of cheaper then what mine says, but mine was a free check up included in price for my boy last year, soo may explain the price difference :wave:

The second one is similar to what mine charge. The rubbish vets in the area are around the prices of the first one.

That is in my area only (which is not your area, don't worry).

none mentioned whether it included follow up appointments etc. I'll have to ring and find out.

the first one was vets for pets and the other is one more locally to me but is only open 10am-12pm and 4.30pm-6.30pm.

just couldnt believe the difference in place. there is one more locally to me so will be going there and see what price they charge as i want to get all 3 done asap.

I had my two done Tuesday this week, and paid £153 for 2 spays (does), a bottle of painkiller/anti-inflammatory + 2 syringes, a bag of Critical Care + 2 syringes and two follow-up appointments. Cookie has been unwell so have had 2extra appointments + 2 extra injections at no extra cost. :wave:

My vets is more expensive then some vets round my area, but i pay for thier expertise, they use safer drugs for rabbits and she is a savvy bun vet, id rather pay more and know my buns are in safe hands, you really jus want to ask about exotic specilists in your area? which one sounds a better vets rather then the cost. :wave:

The first is more like my old vets which didn't offer pain relief or include a checkup in the price.

The second is more like my new vets which give pain relief as standard and includes a free checkup.

been to the vets today to double check on price and what is included. the first one at £55.20 has gone up slightly due to vat increase but it includes everything including 2 follow up appointments and pain relief.

i've booked fluffy no name in for feb 11 at 10.30am. i used to take my cat to the first one before he passed away. hope fluffy will be ok.

Back