• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My friends brought 3 rabbits yesterday and a 4ft hutch

rabbitdan

Mama Doe
My friends brought 3 dwarf rabbits yesterday.

They got them yesterday.
They got them from Pets at home rescue bit. They also got a 4ft hutch!!! :censored:

They are all females thankfully (i checked them over). But i dont know what to say about the hutch.

Also they are all females so i will presume that atleast 1 will got hormanal and start being aggressive. then they will get rid of them!!!

no dought i will end up with at least 1 of them! :roll:

Last edited:
Is it Sky-O who has leaflets? Someone on here has leaflets. You need to give them leaflets.

My brain is Friday-Fried sorry...

:wave:

That's awful that P&H allowed them to be sold with such a small hutch. It's not enough for one rabbit never mind 3.:(

I know :( although when I first got Harvey they sold me a 4ft hutch :roll: said the extra foot wouldnt make a massive difference

are they babies?

Here's hoping that she will listen and want to improve things by upgrading their hutch, sometimes it is just a case of not knowing and not understanding how important it is.

Really hard when its friends though :(

Not all females fight. We had females that didn't. But they should be spayed because of how common cancer is so see if you can persuade them to spay them at around 5-6 months of age.

Can't you explain to your friends that it isn't big enough and show them your hutch and how nice it is, how the rabbits get to exhibit their natural behavior, etc? Isn't it too cold to keep them outdoors though (since they don't have their winter coat)?

:? Did their parents allow them to buy the rabbits? (if I remember correctly you're 14)

Not all females fight. We had females that didn't. But they should be spayed because of how common cancer is so see if you can persuade them to spay them at around 5-6 months of age.

Can't you explain to your friends that it isn't big enough and show them your hutch and how nice it is, how the rabbits get to exhibit their natural behavior, etc? Isn't it too cold to keep them outdoors though (since they don't have their winter coat)?

:? Did their parents allow them to buy the rabbits? (if I remember correctly you're 14)

im 14.

he is 13 i think. His dad brought them. They were getting 2 but didnt want to leave one on its own so got.

they are in the out house at the moment.

I will invite him over today or tomoz and sow him my setup.

im 14.

he is 13 i think. His dad brought them. They were getting 2 but didnt want to leave one on its own so got.

they are in the out house at the moment.

I will invite him over today or tomoz and sow him my setup.

Good plan. Think the dad needs an invite too.

im a bit worried about the possibility of babies. They also have a male (not 'done') rabbit.

Well in that case I think that maybe you should try and get your dad to have a chat with his dad. He may decide that having a foursome is a good idea so there's not hutches and runs everywhere when he realises how much space rabbits need.

My heart bleeds everytime I go into P@H. I would love see them hand a leaflet out explaining what kind of space and commitment is needed for rabbits.

I hope your friend sees what is needed when they come to your house and understand what the health implications of not spaying them are.
I have had the same conversation with a girl at work who has a male and female house rabbit that have not been done. They have already had one accidently littler and the two rabbits live next to each other in cages in the house, so roaming is very limted only one at a time.
Sadly when I expalined if they spay them and said they would be better bonded it went in one ear and out the other.

My fingers are crossed for you

YAY!!!

he came round and decided that he needed something like my setup. so hopefully he will get one. although im not sure if a 6ft x 2ft hutch and run
(6ft x 4ft) combo is big enough for 3. is it?

thanks

Back