• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hello from me

CharlyBoo

New Kit
Not new to forums or animals, but new to here.

Mummy to 25 rescue ferrets, and one rabbit lol

Looking to find bunny info, as we have taken a rabbit in that was in danger of being released :shock:
We weren't intending on keeping her, because of the ferrets really, but she's wormed her way into our hearts, and we are having her neutered on Tuesday, then in a few weeks, we want to take her to a rescue and let her choose a friend. That is ... IF she wants a friend lol

No idea what breed of rabbit she is ... I will put some pics up later.

Looking forward to learning what we can do for her to have her at her happiest
:wave:

Hiya and welcome :wave:

Looking forward to pics of the little lady: what's her name?

These rabbits really do grow on you don't they?! :lol:

Welcome to RU :wave:, and well done on rescuing your Bun sounds like she had a lucky escape!! Can we see some piccies ??

Here she is. This was taken on her first day here, she doesn't look as scared now, she's much more relaxed than on these pics

bunny2.jpg

bunny1.jpg

Anyone know what breed she is ??

Last edited:
lol .. well it's a bit of a funny name really.... goes back to when I was only a toddler, and I couldn't say Bunny Rabbit .... it came out Punjab ..... so thats her name LOL

I know .. I know,, it's a daft name ... but hey ... we love her lol :love:

and ....
Which bit of this forum is the best place to ask my questions please ?? :D

hello:wave:, well done for rescuing her.
I dont know much about ferrets but i get the impression they are often not looked after properly, just like rabbits, judging by how full ferret rescues are.

yeah thats right they are often VERY neglected/abused etc. But, there are lots of us keen and eager to help, I am a member of a ferret forum, and a member of Ferret Owners on fb ... and probably like you lot on here, we form a pretty strong 'family' ... and shout for each other when help is needed.

So, is it the same story with rabbits then? I suppose it is. Some of my ferrets have horror stories to tell, but they are all very very happy now. I just wish I could take more in, but at the moment, I just can't. Saying that ,,, I will ALWAYS have room for an emergency ;)

Last edited:
They are gorgeous:love:
The only experience of ferrets I have is of a "friend of a neighbour:evil:!"
who "loves:shock:" animals but doesnt seem to look after them. They went on holiday and left a friend to look after them but he didnt seem to turn up, We went into this persons yard and fed and cleaned them I was amazed at how active they could be, then they would all go back to sleep, they also drank a lot:?. There was about eight in a rabbit hutch, I felt this was cruel, I contacted the rspca but dont know what happend. My friend moved away so I have no contact now but I did manage to rescue a rabbit she had that I called Uncle. He was in such bad condition and had fly strike:shock::evil: He is still with me today, three years and and over £2000 later!
No that is not a printing error:shock:

Terrible isn't it how some people treat animals :(

The last 2 ferrets to come to me ,, I actually stole. The guy had gone to Egypt on holiday and his next door neighbour contacted me worried about his ferrets as she didnt think anyone was looking after him.

Long story short, after scaling an 8foot wall, I saw the tiny hutch, as I approached it the smell hit me ... when I opened it, I nearly died.
No food , no water, piled high in their own dirt, one male ferrets tail was actually stuck to the hutch floor with dry poo .... and in a corner was a baby ferret huddled up to her dead, half eaten brothers and sisters.
I just took them both and left.

They are now both neutered, very very healthy, and live in a group of 6.
Breaks my heart to think how many animals are out there that don't get found.

Anyway, we won't go there will we ;)

Oh that is sooo awful, poor ferrets. I wish I had known you when i was trying to help those ferrets but I didnt know about forums then.
The problem is equally bad for rabbits, folk often see these two species as as cheap to keep, easy to replace and easy to breed animals so their lives have very little value to a lot of people.
The short time I spent with the ferrets gave me an insight to their lives and I realised how much space they must need.I gave them towels and toys, so for that short while I know they had some moments of pleasure in their rotton life:(

My ferrets are all in big sheds with tubes, dig boxes, ball pits, hammocks, hanging beds, cat trees to play on and sleep in, and LOTS of fleecy blankets. All sheds have big outdoor runs with catflaps so they can go outside when they want to.
I have 4 groups of ferrets (25 in total), and can not imagine life without them ... they are brilliant pets, very playful, very trusting and very gorgeous lol

I have them all neutered, not only does this stop many unwanted babies, but they then lose the 'ferret smell' ... not that I mind it, I don't ... but a lot of people see them as 'stinking animals' ..... which, if neutered, kept clean, and well cared for ... they actually smell less than some people I know LOL

When I find my way round here, I will put some more pics up ... both of ferrets and bunny ,,, after all, the bunny is why Im here lol
:D

Your ferrets and bunny are adorable. I had a friend many years ago that had a house ferret. She would free range and always untied my shoe laces and run. She was very playful. She also loved to pull hair. It looked like she was laughing right after doing those things.

:wave: welcome to RU, I am looking forward to seeing more pics of your animals and the set ups they sound great.

Last edited:
Hiya and welcome:wave:! Your bun is very pretty, and the photo of your ferrets is great! My friend has 3 boy ferrets, they are gorgeous little things. I had one years ago, but don't really remember her.

Back